Personal Statement Art Masters (UAL)

Watch
thsfrk
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hey guys!I'm applying for an MA and I was wondering if anyone had any experience writing personal statements?I'm always tempted to do something completely out of the box but at the same time I'm a bit scared it'll completely miss the mark. I really don't want to miss this opportunity.does anyone have any advice/experience??All tips appreciated xx
meaghan sharp
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by thsfrk)
I'm always tempted to do something completely out of the box but at the same time I'm a bit scared it'll completely miss the mark.
What's out of the box in this context?
What thing are you trying to showcase with the ideas you already have?
What does the application request from you?
What have they put in their own course literature to entice you to apply to their course?
Do you have any former Art professors you could run your written statement by, see what their reaction is?
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by thsfrk)
hey guys!I'm applying for an MA and I was wondering if anyone had any experience writing personal statements?I'm always tempted to do something completely out of the box but at the same time I'm a bit scared it'll completely miss the mark. I really don't want to miss this opportunity.does anyone have any advice/experience??All tips appreciated xx
I've moved this to the postgrad forum. Check the uni website for their criteria for personal statements/admissions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.24%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.67%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.16%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.16%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (261)
48.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.34%

Watched Threads