how to get better at studying in the evening?

Watch this thread
curieous
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
i find it a lot easier to study in the mornings but I have less free time in the mornings and its getting harder to study in the evenings, especially since it gets dark so quick, any tips? im in yr13 :,)
username5794123
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
This is exactly me. It’s like the dark changes my psychology to not want to revise or something. What I do is turn the lamp on, so it isn’t dark.
harlz_chalamet
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by curieous)
i find it a lot easier to study in the mornings but I have less free time in the mornings and its getting harder to study in the evenings, especially since it gets dark so quick, any tips? im in yr13 :,)
ahhhh same, it's like my body is already shutting down when it goes dark outside 😭.

maybe we should get some bright desk lamps??
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by curieous)
i find it a lot easier to study in the mornings but I have less free time in the mornings and its getting harder to study in the evenings, especially since it gets dark so quick, any tips? im in yr13
You could try lighting scented candles which could help evening studying.
ArcticChimera
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Give yourself a small break immediately when you get home from college/sixth form; listen to some music or something. I always think it's daunting focusing on one massive chunk/subject, so when you're ready to start for that evening, set half hour timers and then a 10 minute break, and switch up the subject regularly. Sometimes, you'll end up getting so into a subject you'll forget to do this (and that's good)
I would put time aside right at the end of the evening for something you'll forward to! Maybe a book or an episode something with a snack. Also, you'll obviously have dinner to divide up the evening.

Remember, it's okay to do way more study on one day than the next. Having a rough plan of what to try and cover everyday before the week starts will help with stress, trust me. I used to use fairy lights + my desk lamp; a candle is also very calming when you're studying. Maybe also try working in different places around your house to shake things up a bit, it can get too dark and lonely spending hours straight by yourself in your room! It is stressful sometimes, but I had the same problem, it just takes a bit of resilience, you got this OP
Last edited by ArcticChimera; 4 months ago
curieous
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by ArcticChimera)
Give yourself a small break immediately when you get home from college/sixth form; listen to some music or something. I always think it's daunting focusing on one massive chunk/subject, so when you're ready to start for that evening, set half hour timers and then a 10 minute break, and switch up the subject regularly. Sometimes, you'll end up getting so into a subject you'll forget to do this (and that's good)
I would put time aside right at the end of the evening for something you'll forward to! Maybe a book or an episode something with a snack. Also, you'll obviously have dinner to divide up the evening.

Remember, it's okay to do way more study on one day than the next. Having a rough plan of what to try and cover everyday before the week starts will help with stress, trust me. I used to use fairy lights + my desk lamp; a candle is also very calming when you're studying. Maybe also try working in different places around your house to shake things up a bit, it can get too dark and lonely spending hours straight by yourself in your room! It is stressful sometimes, but I had the same problem, it just takes a bit of resilience, you got this OP
thank you! that is all very helpful i appreciate the encouragement!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
18.85%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (13)
10.66%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
6.56%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (21)
17.21%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (31)
25.41%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
21.31%

Watched Threads