coolblackguy
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
at my school the grading system is:
b - where u should be at the beginning of the year
d - mid of year but close to standards for that year
s - where u should be at

ive been trying to get a s but i keep on getting a d and i don’t know how to improve. the only feedback i ever get is improve ur analysis by zooming in on a phrase/word so i did that and on my recent assessment i got a d+ and my feedback was develop ur analysis by using a sentence starter and stuff along those lines. i know that i probably dont develop my analysis as well but i dont know how to make my analysis like what my teacher wants me to write. if any of u have any suggestions or tips for me they would very much be welcome. thank you!

im in year 9

tinyperson
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
ask teacher
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by coolblackguy)
at my school the grading system is:
b - where u should be at the beginning of the year
d - mid of year but close to standards for that year
s - where u should be at

ive been trying to get a s but i keep on getting a d and i don’t know how to improve. the only feedback i ever get is improve ur analysis by zooming in on a phrase/word so i did that and on my recent assessment i got a d+ and my feedback was develop ur analysis by using a sentence starter and stuff along those lines. i know that i probably dont develop my analysis as well but i dont know how to make my analysis like what my teacher wants me to write. if any of u have any suggestions or tips for me they would very much be welcome. thank you!

im in year 9
Hi,

Has your teacher given you a structure to follow for developing analysis? It might be worth asking exactly what they're looking for and some strategies for getting it right every time. Sentence starters definitely sound like a good start!

Although you're in Year 9, it might also be worth having a look in the GCSE English forum for some tips, there's a lot of great info in there.

Good luck.

MP
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (36)
21.95%
Note taking apps (5)
3.05%
Flashcards (29)
17.68%
Revision guides (5)
3.05%
Past papers (83)
50.61%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.66%

Watched Threads