Maexeni Contraceptive Pill

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi, I’m on the maexeni combined contraceptive pill. I usually take it for 21 days then have my 7 day break, when I have my bleed. This month for some reason I completely forgot to have my weeks break, hence why I haven’t come on my period. I reckon I’ve taken it for 30ish days in a row without a break, but I’ve now ran out so haven’t been able to take them for 2 days. Am I still protected from pregnancy since it’s been more than 21 days? I’m getting more tomorrow!

Thanks
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, I’m on the maexeni combined contraceptive pill. I usually take it for 21 days then have my 7 day break, when I have my bleed. This month for some reason I completely forgot to have my weeks break, hence why I haven’t come on my period. I reckon I’ve taken it for 30ish days in a row without a break, but I’ve now ran out so haven’t been able to take them for 2 days. Am I still protected from pregnancy since it’s been more than 21 days? I’m getting more tomorrow!

Thanks

Yeah you shall be ok you taken it continuous over 30 days instead of having week off it so I would treat it as your week off but still be cautious ok

Try not to do this in future as best keeping to your routine with the pill as there's some you don't take a break with and others you do like those you are currently on.

What happens if you run out of birth control pills.........
If you have run out of contraceptive pills, and you do not want to be pregnant, then you can either then best to use a condom every time you have sex until you can get a further supply. Avoid having any sexual contact till you get your next lot of pills.

A NHS registered midwife.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (51)
12.35%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.94%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (104)
25.18%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (38)
9.2%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (197)
47.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise