The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

natural sciences loughborough interview help

I have my interview for natural sciences at loughborough soon and i was wondering if they’d ask me w lot of my personal statement? i don’t know it that well…
Hi I also have my interview for loughborough coming up next week. I think they will ask about the personal statement and honestly, I think they are more interested in how you fit into the course (as its an informal interview and they want to get to know you better). How are you planning on preparing for it?
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Anonymous
I have my interview for natural sciences at loughborough soon and i was wondering if they’d ask me w lot of my personal statement? i don’t know it that well…

lboro wouldn't need to interview for natsci... the truth is the interview is to encourage you to Firm it rather than to select you, they will 100% give you an offer if you meet the terms.
Reply 3
Original post by Niches
Hi I also have my interview for loughborough coming up next week. I think they will ask about the personal statement and honestly, I think they are more interested in how you fit into the course (as its an informal interview and they want to get to know you better). How are you planning on preparing for it?

i see! i’m going to do research on the stuff i mentioned on my personal statement bc i forgot it all 😅

then look at the course details so i can talk about what i like
Original post by Anonymous
i see! i’m going to do research on the stuff i mentioned on my personal statement bc i forgot it all 😅

then look at the course details so i can talk about what i like

Read over your personal statement again, have an idea of what you'd like to study in the course and be able to articulate why you want to study Natural Sciences and why at Lboro. That'd be my advice.
Good luck with your interview :smile:
Vicky
Original post by Niches

Hi @Niches

Good luck with your interview too!
Have an idea of what you want to study within Natural Sciences and why you want to do it at Lboro as well as your personal statement :smile:
Vicky
Original post by A Rolling Stone
lboro wouldn't need to interview for natsci... the truth is the interview is to encourage you to Firm it rather than to select you, they will 100% give you an offer if you meet the terms.

Hi @A Rolling Stone

Although it is an informal interview, it's never a 100% guarantee. Yes the vast majority of people will get an offer if you meet the entry reqs, but there have been occasions where people have been declined an offer after interview. The interview is also to establish which pathway you want to take - there are a lot of options for Natural Sciences.
Vicky
Reply 7
Original post by Niches

So i just had mine, he said they ask the same questions to everyone, here’s what he asked me

1. why natural sciences?
2. what pathway do you want to do (look at course details on their site for this one)
3. what’s something that gave you a great sense of achievement?
4. have u attended our open day (i don’t remember if this was an actual q or part of another)
5. what role do you play when working in a team

i think there were 7 questions but i can’t remember the others right now. it was mostly about why i wanna do the course and a bit on my personal statement :smile: hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending