Problems with my teeth

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I've recently moved to a new area, so I'm waiting to hear back from some dentists on getting an appointment. I thought while I wait, I could share my problem here and get some advice.

I used to have toothaches in all 4 corners of my gums, like near where the last tooth is. Cuz of COVID I couldn't see my dentist, and because this pain would come and go, I kinda forgot about it.

Before I left my old house, I booked an emergency appointment with my then surgery because I was having that pain. I saw a new dentist, and she looked at my mouth and was like "Did you know you're missing teeth?", and obviously I was like no? She took an x-ray of the bottom of my mouth, and both sides had two teeth each stuck in my gums growing almost sideways into the rest of my teeth. She said she hadn't seen anything like that, and she said I should see an orthodontist.

This was kinda annoying because I regularly saw my usual dentist, and she never picked up on this. Whereas, the new dentist noticed it in like 5 minutes of seeing me. However, we did look at some of my old x-rays and because none of them were focused at the ends of my teeth, no one could've seen the other teeth were stuck.

So, because I'm already 19, an orthodontist would be a lot of money. And because we were in the middle of moving house, I was saving money to put towards our house. Amidst all this moving stuff I forgot about my teeth again, and let it get worse.

Fast forward to now, both the teeth on my bottom right have started to show and one of them has almost 'cut' into my cheek and it's really painful to eat. Just doing nothing and there's a throbbing pain (and my face is slightly swollen).

I've put in requests to join and book appointments with dentists in my area, so hopefully, they'll be able to advise me on what to do next. Just considering all of this, does anyone know if a dentist would be able to just pull all these teeth out, and how much it would cost? Or would I have to go to an orthodontist, anyway?

(I know I've been reluctant about my health here, so please don't leave unnecessary comments... my swollen face is enough punishment for now)
lol7.86x
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've recently moved to a new area, so I'm waiting to hear back from some dentists on getting an appointment. I thought while I wait, I could share my problem here and get some advice.

I used to have toothaches in all 4 corners of my gums, like near where the last tooth is. Cuz of COVID I couldn't see my dentist, and because this pain would come and go, I kinda forgot about it.

Before I left my old house, I booked an emergency appointment with my then surgery because I was having that pain. I saw a new dentist, and she looked at my mouth and was like "Did you know you're missing teeth?", and obviously I was like no? She took an x-ray of the bottom of my mouth, and both sides had two teeth each stuck in my gums growing almost sideways into the rest of my teeth. She said she hadn't seen anything like that, and she said I should see an orthodontist.

This was kinda annoying because I regularly saw my usual dentist, and she never picked up on this. Whereas, the new dentist noticed it in like 5 minutes of seeing me. However, we did look at some of my old x-rays and because none of them were focused at the ends of my teeth, no one could've seen the other teeth were stuck.

So, because I'm already 19, an orthodontist would be a lot of money. And because we were in the middle of moving house, I was saving money to put towards our house. Amidst all this moving stuff I forgot about my teeth again, and let it get worse.

Fast forward to now, both the teeth on my bottom right have started to show and one of them has almost 'cut' into my cheek and it's really painful to eat. Just doing nothing and there's a throbbing pain (and my face is slightly swollen).

I've put in requests to join and book appointments with dentists in my area, so hopefully, they'll be able to advise me on what to do next. Just considering all of this, does anyone know if a dentist would be able to just pull all these teeth out, and how much it would cost? Or would I have to go to an orthodontist, anyway?

(I know I've been reluctant about my health here, so please don't leave unnecessary comments... my swollen face is enough punishment for now)
Honestly, health is wealth. It's best to pay for the procedure early rather than prolonging the process in case the situation becomes worse which will cost you more. A dentist can remove teeth however if it's too complicated, an oral surgeon will have to do the procedure. After your appointment - you will get a better understanding. The treatment will be costly however you could ask the dentist if there's any bursaries or discounts if you meet the criteria e.g student or income related.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%