Do football players get paid for playing international football?

Watch this thread
Little pecker
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I don’t mean by their club teams whilst playing concurrently for the national team, I’m referring to whether there is separate payment made by the national teams to the players on top of the club contract?

I’m wondering if there’s any direct real/tangible benefit to the players in this case outside of maybe sponsorship
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
The short answer is yes but it varies from nation to nation as to how much they are paid.

England players currently get paid about £2,000 per appearance but as I understand it, the players all donate their pay to a centralised charity.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Football players get a premium when they take part in competitions for national teams, yes. The amount of the premium is part of the negotiations.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
42.18%
The paper was reasonable (269)
41.26%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.2%
It was TERRIBLE (48)
7.36%

Watched Threads