Do you think Boris will either resign or be sacked as PM?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Given all that has happened. I wish he would go. He’s an embarrassment.
Cancelled Alice
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
What’s up with TSR anon misuse and feelings of embarrassment?
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
He should be sacked for many reasons, this is one of the lesser ones in my book as its a simple example of hypocrisy as opposed to his evil policies. Then again, after all the backs hes stuck knives into to get his plum job he isnt going anywhere without a fight. As he said, hes waiting for the 'internal report' into the incident, this serves 2 purposes:
1) Buys time for the media to mnove on and the clouds to dissipate
2) It is not a real review, certainly not independent, as opposed to a nothing report with the thin veneer of accountability. It will exculpate him and all the others, this i have no doubt about.
rose.clm
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
In some ways, I hope he isn't. It'll give the tories a clean slate (ish) and mean they're more likely to be voted in again. If he stays as PM, then labour might actually have a chance come 2024.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Probably resign.
Only when knows the Conservative Party has had enough of him, he's had enough of No10 and completed all the arrangements that will provide him with sources of significant income lined up for the next 25+ years.
mondays child
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I'd hope he'd be arrested, face criminal charges, and go to prison for a long time. I think that he will resign, perhaps after enough Tory MPs have supported a vote of no confidence.
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I can't see him as the sort of person who would resign. He seems to care a lot about his image, so going down in history as an PM who resigned at the height of a corruption / sleaze scandal doesn't seem like something he would want.

Perhaps he'll wait a few years before resigning? That way the public would have forgotten about the recent scandals (assuming there aren't any more) and he could spin it as, 'I got Brexit done, blah blah, so now I am handing over to someone else to lead the nation'.

Or Tory MPs will vote him out in a vote of no confidence, who knows?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (35)
7.22%
October 2021 (221)
45.57%
November 2021 (55)
11.34%
December 2021 (62)
12.78%
January 2021 (56)
11.55%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (41)
8.45%