girly question about periods :(

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi I'm 18, I started my period 22 days ago and it's still not showing any signs of endingggg it's driving me maddd why won't it go away?!! Usually my periods last 5 days which passed and then this brown gunky mucus stuff kept coming out with 0 blood which I know you see usually during periods BUT NOT FOR FLIPPING 17 MORE DAYS AFTER THE BLOOD HAS GONE! I took showers to get rid of it but THEY DID NOTHINGGG IT JUST FORMS MORE! And now I just went to the toilet and realised the blood has come back too, WHAT THE HELL MANNNNN!!!! Has anyone ever been through this, or got suggestions?
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
Are you on the pill or any other hormonal contraception?
username5857626
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
Go see your GP ASAP, they'll prescribe you some meds.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Please go and get checked out by the GP asap. This is not normal. Whilst periods can be irregular and be unusual every once in a while, this shouldn't be happening. I don't want to make an internet diagnosis but I think the safest call is go get checked out. Hope all goes okay!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
Are you on the pill or any other hormonal contraception?
Nope 0 medication and not sexually active
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Please go and get checked out by the GP asap. This is not normal. Whilst periods can be irregular and be unusual every once in a while, this shouldn't be happening. I don't want to make an internet diagnosis but I think the safest call is go get checked out. Hope all goes okay!
(Original post by Bronfenbrennerzy)
Go see your GP ASAP, they'll prescribe you some meds.
Thank you, I will
black tea
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Nope 0 medication and not sexually active
Fair enough. Periods can be a bit weird sometimes. As everyone else has said, you should probably speak to your GP as there is medication they can give to help.
Satori Tendō
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
So your periods probably ended 22 days ago and just came back on it's monthly cycle but you've had continuous mucus in between?
In terms of discharge before periods, I'm sure all of us girls can relate I remember being taught in school as a kid that, regular discharge should be either a clear colour, cloudy or white.
But apparently other colours are not always sinister so the only person who can tell what's going on is the doctor. Call your GP
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%