What was detention like at your school?

Watch
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
In my primary school we had to sit for the entirety of break writing an apology letter for the thing we did that put us in detention.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 days ago
Idk never been in one.
ROTL94 2
Badges: 16
Report 3 days ago
Boring and pointless, you just stared at a wall for an hour then went home.
Little pecker
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
Sit and do nothing
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
writing lines
xobeauty
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
High school.

There was a room on the 1st floor by the office the desks had walls so you couldn’t see anyone or anything. I would get sent there too if I was being disruptive in class, the teacher would send you there till the period was over.
fish finger fan
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
Sit and do nothing, quite therapeutic actually
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
I don't remember detention being a thing in primary - we either just got kicked out of lessons or had to do lines. Detention in secondary school was just sitting in a classroom through your break with the teacher.
gjd800
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
we did lines and in secondary after schoolers we were set work to do
coco:)
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
my secondary didn't have detentions :ahee:
Greebo85
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
I was forced to write lines with a magic quill, I’ve still got the scar
sufys12
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
Primary- no detention.
Secondary- sit for the required minutes of detention doing nothing then leave.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (47)
12.34%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (7)
1.84%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (97)
25.46%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (34)
8.92%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (182)
47.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed