The Student Room Group

2022 RAF intake

Hi there
Can anyone please advise of potential passing out dates in 2022 please? My son joins and wanted to understand possible passing out dates as I need to re-arrange a special anniversary event just in case there’s a clash. I understood it was 10 weeks training but not sure if the passing out parade takes place soon after? Any advice would be really helpful. Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
No-one will post the dates of passing-out parades here for security reasons; likewise, please take the actual dates out of your post.

Anyway, no offence, but there's no guarantee your son will get straight through training and only do 10 weeks. You'll have to be flexible.
Original post by JennyB21
Hi there
Can anyone please advise of potential passing out dates in 2022 please? My son joins 29/30th March and wanted to understand possible passing out dates as I need to re-arrange a special anniversary event just in case there’s a clash. I understood it was 10 weeks training but not sure if the passing out parade takes place soon after? Any advice would be really helpful. Thanks in advance!

Hi

We can't give specific dates. Which role has your son applied for? If he's going to RAF Halton for training his course will be 10 weeks long. If he's going to RAF Cranwell, it will be six months. He will be advised during his course when his graduation will be, he will be able to tell you in plenty of time. However, his graduation will depend on him and his progress and whether he gets injured etc. But he will know himself in plenty of time.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Reply 3
Thank you Adam, that’s very helpful. Didn’t know if the past 2 yrs will have changed the usual timescales etc because, as you will know, the recruitment into forces has been affected significantly during the pandemic.

Thanks again for your helpful response

Jenny
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
No-one will post the dates of passing-out parades here for security reasons; likewise, please take the actual dates out of your post.

Anyway, no offence, but there's no guarantee your son will get straight through training and only do 10 weeks. You'll have to be flexible.

Thanks, are you a staff member of Forces Recruitment?
Reply 5
Thanks, are you a staff member of Forces Recruitment?

Ex-RAF, and did a 2-year tour as a Recruiter. That was a few years,ago, though, so not up-to-date on all the latest procedures.
Reply 6
Original post by Ryan Doherty
I start on...

Please read the security rules for this Forum (and this thread!); dates and personal info should not be posted on here.
Hi there
Can anyone please advise of potential passing out dates in 2022 please? My son joins and wanted to understand possible passing out dates as I need to re-arrange a special anniversary event just in case there’s a clash. I understood it was 10 weeks training but not sure if the passing out parade takes place soon after? Any advice would be really helpful. Thanks in advance!

Assuming your son isn't reflighted at any stage, then passing out is day 71. Nothing is for sure though. Generally, if they pass their big inspection on day 63, they are then likely to pass out on day 71, so c 1 week before. However, reflighting can happen even as late as the day before graduation, although this would need to be a royal balls up to be reflighted so late. Many of them are reflighted following day 63 inspections and often by 2 weeks or more.
Reply 8
My son joined today also and he has mentioned early July as I was also trying to ensure that we leave it free. No confirmation yet though.

Quick Reply

Latest