The Student Room Group

Living with Randoms for last year of uni have I made a mistake?

So for my final year of university I wanted to get a more social experience like I did in year 1. I got the last room in a shared house with a group of 5 others who know each other. They seem chill and all but I found out recently they are second years.

Im sure I will like living with them as im very sociable but im just wondering if maybe it will become a pain with my disseration?
Original post by Gillzy
So for my final year of university I wanted to get a more social experience like I did in year 1. I got the last room in a shared house with a group of 5 others who know each other. They seem chill and all but I found out recently they are second years.

Im sure I will like living with them as im very sociable but im just wondering if maybe it will become a pain with my disseration?

Hi :smile:

Could you explain what you mean by it may become a pain with your dissertation?

If you're worried they will disrupt your work, this can be solved with a simple conversation if this becomes a problem. But i'd argue the workload in second year is just as demanding if not more so (from my experience anyway).

If they seem chill and you are happy with your circumstances, i would trust everything will be okay. If it starts to become an issue for whatever reason, try having a conversation about it with them.

Hope this helps
Andrew

University of Portsmouth Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest