Unfeeling and stressed about uni

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I go to one of the best universities in the world here in the UK and I won’t mention it because whenever I do people say smt along the lines of ‘look on the bright side you’re studying at **** !’

But that’s not the point.
I cant get myself to attend classes anymore because I can’t deal with it anymore.
It’s not academic stress at this point, I haven’t done the majority of my assignments and haven’t attended the majority of my classes and now I’m receiving warnings in my inbox.

I know this is the course I want to do but it’s 4am and this university has made my sleep schedule go from 7am to something like waking up past 3 in the day. I barely ever see daylight and I can’t even think. I cant feel I have no friends but I don’t want to die either.

When reaching for help I’ve been told to just attend my classes. I know I’ve been moping but if anyone’s felt anywhere near the same I’d love to hear how you’ve coped.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi there, I feel like I’m in a similar place to you. I’m a final year uni student and my sleep schedule has become really bad. I get very stressed out by all of the work I have to do, but I’m falling behind badly. I feel so low at the moment and my relationship is making it worse too. My life is going by so fast and I feel like I’m wasting my time
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Only you can determine why you are not engaging with the course. What is the mental block?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I go to one of the best universities in the world here in the UK and I won’t mention it because whenever I do people say smt along the lines of ‘look on the bright side you’re studying at **** !’

But that’s not the point.
I cant get myself to attend classes anymore because I can’t deal with it anymore.
It’s not academic stress at this point, I haven’t done the majority of my assignments and haven’t attended the majority of my classes and now I’m receiving warnings in my inbox.

I know this is the course I want to do but it’s 4am and this university has made my sleep schedule go from 7am to something like waking up past 3 in the day. I barely ever see daylight and I can’t even think. I cant feel I have no friends but I don’t want to die either.

When reaching for help I’ve been told to just attend my classes. I know I’ve been moping but if anyone’s felt anywhere near the same I’d love to hear how you’ve coped.
Hello

Im sorry to hear you've been feeling like this. It is true, university can bring a whole host of stress and anxiety and managing this can be difficult given everything else you have to do as a student.

When you say you've reached out for support, have you contacted your wellbeing department (they may call this something different where you go). They could offer you some sessions to work on motivation and the troubles you are going through right now. I seriously would give this some thought without feeling ashamed or embarrassed.

When i first moved to university my sleep went straight out the window, i was going to sleep at 5am and not waking up until the afternoon. I started to feel awful and consequently my attendance went down and i didn't complete any of my assignments. For me, part of this was down to not liking my course and not making any friends on my course, in my head there was no motivation to do something i didn't like doing.

I did fix my sleep schedule, because this really does affect everything you do. When tackling this problems, take one thing at a time, i wouldn't attempt to try and resolve everything at once as this can feel very overwhelming.

I hope this helps
Andrew

University of Portsmouth Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (17)
6.97%
October 2021 (116)
47.54%
November 2021 (24)
9.84%
December 2021 (32)
13.11%
January 2021 (21)
8.61%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (26)
10.66%