Wisdom tooth

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Every time I go to bite down, my top back tooth bites down onto my gum. I believe it’s because my wisdom is in the way. It hurts and it feeling like my gum is coming away from my tooth when I do this. I’m pretty sure I mentioned it to my dentist last time, but I don’t remember them saying much about it. What should I do? Has anyone experienced this? I know I should speak to the dentist about it again really.
Muttly
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Every time I go to bite down, my top back tooth bites down onto my gum. I believe it’s because my wisdom is in the way. It hurts and it feeling like my gum is coming away from my tooth when I do this. I’m pretty sure I mentioned it to my dentist last time, but I don’t remember them saying much about it. What should I do? Has anyone experienced this? I know I should speak to the dentist about it again really.
I haven't had the same problem, but did have something similar after the 'bite' from a filling wasn't properly moulded out. It caused no end of aggravation and I bit my cheek so many times for such a few mm of amalgam - and the pain when I bit my cheek was something else.

You could always try another dentist if you feel you are getting nowhere or if you have any funds get a quick private dental appointment (do your research well to find better dentists) They can always give you a rough idea of cost for consultation before you sit in the chair.

Good luck and hope you find a fix soon.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Muttly)
I haven't had the same problem, but did have something similar after the 'bite' from a filling wasn't properly moulded out. It caused no end of aggravation and I bit my cheek so many times for such a few mm of amalgam - and the pain when I bit my cheek was something else.

You could always try another dentist if you feel you are getting nowhere or if you have any funds get a quick private dental appointment (do your research well to find better dentists) They can always give you a rough idea of cost for consultation before you sit in the chair.

Good luck and hope you find a fix soon.
Ah that does sound painful. Is it ok now? I might try another dentist actually. I thought my gum was just swollen but it’s been happening for a while now. I think it’s my wisdom tooth. Thank you!
Muttly
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm ok now thank you - another dentist pulled the tooth out! Sheer bliss (never thought I would say that)

Erupting wisdom teeth - Bonjela or Anbesol or Oragel (any chemist for good numbing gels)

I hope they sort themselves out soon - Pesky gnashers
Anonymous #1
I'm ok now thank you - another dentist pulled the tooth out! Sheer bliss (never thought I would say that)

Erupting wisdom teeth - Bonjela or Anbesol or Oragel (any chemist for good numbing gels)

I hope they sort themselves out soon - Pesky gnashers
Good good how long did it take your gum to heal up after having it removed? It’s weird because I’m pretty sure my wisdom tooth was coming though when I was doing my GCSEs and I’m now 21. Maybe it’s because there’s no room for it to grow 🤔 Thank you
Muttly
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
From tooth out to healing completely over was about 8 weeks and the really smooth gummy healing over about 4 months

I do know sometimes if you have a wisdom tooth out you might need stitches that can complicate things.

You might find that once the tooth has erupted out of the gum & the bulging phase your pain is a lot less? If it never gets past this point you might need more dental help and advice?
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Get themn pulled, the top wisdom teeth are easily removed, usually, and dont require the surgical one like the bottom ones can. Itll hurt for a week or so and wont be fun but at least itll stop damaging your gums and, i presume, giving you infections in the mouth from the cuts?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
From tooth out to healing completely over was about 8 weeks and the really smooth gummy healing over about 4 months

I do know sometimes if you have a wisdom tooth out you might need stitches that can complicate things.

You might find that once the tooth has erupted out of the gum & the bulging phase your pain is a lot less? If it never gets past this point you might need more dental help and advice?
Ahh ok. Yes, my dad had a tooth pulled out a few months ago so I sort of know what happens. I do remember that my gums really hurt when they started coming through. I just had a look and I can only count 31 teeth, but one is half out and I can’t see the 32nd one… I’m pretty sure adults are meant to have 32 teeth? Thanks for your help
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
Get themn pulled, the top wisdom teeth are easily removed, usually, and dont require the surgical one like the bottom ones can. Itll hurt for a week or so and wont be fun but at least itll stop damaging your gums and, i presume, giving you infections in the mouth from the cuts?
I don’t even know exactly what tooth is causing the problem, so I will need to go to the dentist. It’s the bottom gum that hurts. I haven’t had any infections so far. Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%