The Student Room Group

University of York vs University of Glasgow vs University of Stirling vs Essex

Hey! I have applied to the following colleges for Masters in Human rights. I am confused, which college should I be rooting for. If I go by ranking then I guess York tops it. If by course structure then Glasgow. But, the human rights and diplomacy course at Stirling is being taught in collaboration with UNITAR and it involves a field trip to Geneva (so does Glasgow but it's not in touch with UNITAR). Stirling's ranking is not that good but as compared to others. Essex is last on my list. What should I do?
Original post by Caring.potato
Hey! I have applied to the following colleges for Masters in Human rights. I am confused, which college should I be rooting for. If I go by ranking then I guess York tops it. If by course structure then Glasgow. But, the human rights and diplomacy course at Stirling is being taught in collaboration with UNITAR and it involves a field trip to Geneva (so does Glasgow but it's not in touch with UNITAR). Stirling's ranking is not that good but as compared to others. Essex is last on my list. What should I do?

Visit the places to see which you like best. Look carefully at the course structure, content and assessment. Take rankings with a pinch of salt.
I’ve applied for those courses at Glasgow and Stirling too! I feel the internship opportunity and practical skills at Stirling makes it the better choice for employment but Glasgow’s modules are more interesting and will be better if you wanna go on to a PhD or further research opportunities

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending