Balancing work, study and family

Watch
Studentplug
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
How do you maintain a work-study-life balance?
VictoriaAlp
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 days ago
Should be all about time management and accepting help/assistance.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Hi Studentplug I think the main thing is about making sure you don't overwork yourself, by taking on too much. If you are working make sure that your employer is understanding of your workload as a student, for example, ask if they will allow you to have more time off when your deadline is almost due. Lots of students work, you just need to make sure you still have time to attend lectures and write your assignments.

Life is important to balance in between the work and study, otherwise you will just burn out. So, make sure to set time aside each week for "me" time, you can just relax and watch some Netflix, go to a café and read, or do something more social: meet up with friends, join or try out a society, visit family members, see if the students union are holding any events.

This article: https://www.czechuniversities.com/ar...d%20tiring.%20 provides helpful advice on how to maintain this. It boils down to prioritising tasks and scheduling wisely as well as looking after your wellbeing by not taking on more than you can handle, sleeping and eating well and doing activities for yourself that you enjoy and will help you unwind.

- Rosie
Last edited by hallamstudents; 6 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.41%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.69%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (139)
26.13%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.27%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (256)
48.12%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.38%

Watched Threads