The Student Room Group

Symptoms of anger issues

does any of these have any reliance to anger issues as I experience them often and I don’t know why or how to stop.

•I can be really happy and then just snap like that.

when things don’t go my way I get angry / easily irritated

I regret saying things I don’t mean

wanting to scream as really angry as something or someone
Original post by Anonymous
does any of these have any reliance to anger issues as I experience them often and I don’t know why or how to stop.

You have some personal issues or trauma that you need to resolve. You should speak with a therapist to unpack your history, maybe abuse, neglect or violence. Good luck
Reply 2

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment. There are techniques you can practice that might be helpful when trying to get "angry" behaviour or thoughts under control. A very simple one is, when something provokes an "angry" reaction, count to 10 and take a few deep breaths before responding.

The symptoms you describe can be linked to anger, but I put to you that anger can be a way of externalising (or getting out) other forms of distress, such as sadness or fear. Trying to gain an understanding of what causes these feelings, thoughts and behaviours in you could be helpful - i.e. figuring out the "root cause". Something like counselling could help with this, or writing things down to try and help you figure out what is going on. For example, making a note of what situation led to the angry thought, feeling or behaviour, where you were, who you were with, what time it was etc. These things might help you see if there is a pattern to what you are experiencing.

If these symptoms (apologies for using this term, I am not suggesting in any way you have an illness!) are causing you problems in your day-to-day life, you could consider speaking with a GP or referring yourself to a local counselling service (a quick Google search may point you in the right direction).
Yes sounds like you have a lot of anger. It can be related to your situation (only you know) in some cases a symptom of a mood or personality disorder depends how long it’s been happening and why. You need to speak to your GP to get mental health support and I figure it out. Anger is really hard to deal with it makes you suffer Plus you might destroy things in your life like relationships, peace etc over time

i relate A LOT to the 3rd one. i say things to release my emotions when i'm angry or sad, and then i get so angry at myself for saying sh*t like that.
Original post by Nerol
Hi,

Sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment. There are techniques you can practice that might be helpful when trying to get "angry" behaviour or thoughts under control. A very simple one is, when something provokes an "angry" reaction, count to 10 and take a few deep breaths before responding.

The symptoms you describe can be linked to anger, but I put to you that anger can be a way of externalising (or getting out) other forms of distress, such as sadness or fear. Trying to gain an understanding of what causes these feelings, thoughts and behaviours in you could be helpful - i.e. figuring out the "root cause". Something like counselling could help with this, or writing things down to try and help you figure out what is going on. For example, making a note of what situation led to the angry thought, feeling or behaviour, where you were, who you were with, what time it was etc. These things might help you see if there is a pattern to what you are experiencing.

If these symptoms (apologies for using this term, I am not suggesting in any way you have an illness!) are causing you problems in your day-to-day life, you could consider speaking with a GP or referring yourself to a local counselling service (a quick Google search may point you in the right direction).

Thankyou , yes I do have a little anxiety and over think So I do stuffer with those also but I’ve only recently started being really angry at things and people that are close to me. So I’m definitely going to speak to someone about it and sort myself out
Reply 6
Original post by Wired_1800
You have some personal issues or trauma that you need to resolve. You should speak with a therapist to unpack your history, maybe abuse, neglect or violence. Good luck

Whyd you reach that conclusion?
Original post by Napp
Whyd you reach that conclusion?

Here were the OP’s symptoms:

I deduced that either there was an internal battle they were facing or they had experienced an external traumatic time that has been embedded. It is important for them to visit a therapist to unpack it.
Reply 8
Original post by Wired_1800
Here were the OP’s symptoms:

I deduced that either there was an internal battle they were facing or they had experienced an external traumatic time that has been embedded. It is important for them to visit a therapist to unpack it.

That was the question though, from the rather limited and vague things said concluding theyve been traumatised/abused seems a reach?
Original post by Napp
That was the question though, from the rather limited and vague things said concluding theyve been traumatised/abused seems a reach?

I don't think it was a reach but more of a deduction based on the symptoms shared. The next step will be to engage with a professional therapist who can help the OP to unpack any issues and identify root causes.

Quick Reply

Latest