[deleted]

Watch
mia387
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
[deleted]
Last edited by mia387; 5 hours ago
thomas234542
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 days ago
I'm planning on Wills (cause it's catered) - but the rooms in Goldney look so much better.

btw what course have you applied for?
Nobody2u
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by thomas234542)
I'm planning on Wills (cause it's catered) - but the rooms in Goldney look so much better.

btw what course have you applied for?
Don't get to attached to where you'd like to go as you fill in a form with your top 9 choices and then get allocated to a hall. My daughter got her 7th choice even though she'd got an unconditional offer and firmed it early on, whilst some got things they'd never even asked for. This happens less apparently with the catered halls but it's still a possibility!
thomas234542
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by mia387)
Law wbu?
I’ve had a look at Wills and I’m not sure about the rooms tbh
Finance
I agree the rooms aren't that great.

Is bristol your first choice?
thomas234542
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by mia387)
Yes but I’m not sure I prefer it over UCL yet.
Where else have you applied?
lse, durham, notts and lboro
ArcticChimera
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
Former Bristol applicant here.
I applied for Hiatt Baker then took a gap year, and the accommodation application was withdrawn for that year until the next year. By the summer of the next year since I had deferred I had an unconditional place to study a 4 year MA. I applied for Goldney first, followed by various halls including ones from Stoke Bishop and Clifton. I got made an offer for 0 of my 9 choices and switched uni.

I have family members who have stayed in Wills, it's historically renowned for being the 'posh hall', but still part of the rowdy student atmosphere of S.B. Goldney is a beautiful location, not as far out as Wills, but slightly smaller/quieter & extremely highly subscribed.

Goldney is notoriously difficult to get into; sure, it's a gorgeous halls, but if you're stuck between just those 2, I'd highly recommend opting for Wills before Goldney purely on the basis you're much more likely to get in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (51)
12.23%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.92%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (106)
25.42%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (38)
9.11%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (199)
47.72%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed