fwh2
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am studying an Access to HE course which will provide me with 60 credits (15 of which aren’t accepted by some unis because of what they’re grades for) so I’ll be getting 45 credits that can be at Distinction, Merit or Pass. I also completed the first year of an extended diploma, and received a certificate for a diploma to the course I did. Do the UCAS points I received from this diploma count towards my total ucas points when applying to uni? Or only my Access course credits? Do they add up/do the access ones take the place of the others? I have no idea, please help
Paralove
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by fwh2)
I am studying an Access to HE course which will provide me with 60 credits (15 of which aren’t accepted by some unis because of what they’re grades for) so I’ll be getting 45 credits that can be at Distinction, Merit or Pass. I also completed the first year of an extended diploma, and received a certificate for a diploma to the course I did. Do the UCAS points I received from this diploma count towards my total ucas points when applying to uni? Or only my Access course credits? Do they add up/do the access ones take the place of the others? I have no idea, please help
You will need to check with the individual universities; it can and will vary from uni to uni, and even courses within the same uni as to what might count/be accepted.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by fwh2)
If the 2 qualifications are in the same subject then only the tariff points from one are counted. If they’re in different subjects then both earn tariff points - but that doesn’t always mean that a university will accept them.
Arden University
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by fwh2)
There is some great advice on the post already, just to add, when you say that 15 credit's aren't accepted by the Universities that is not 100% accurate. The 15 ungraded developmental unit's still need to be completed to get the full diploma, so if they are not completed an offer such as '114 UCAS tariff points as completion of the diploma' it would not be met, even if you have the 114 tariff points

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
fwh2
Rep:
(Original post by Paralove)
You will need to check with the individual universities; it can and will vary from uni to uni, and even courses within the same uni as to what might count/be accepted.
Thank you
fwh2
Rep:
(Original post by PQ)
If the 2 qualifications are in the same subject then only the tariff points from one are counted. If they’re in different subjects then both earn tariff points - but that doesn’t always mean that a university will accept them.
Thank you
(Original post by PQ)
Thank you
fwh2
Rep:
(Original post by Arden University)
There is some great advice on the post already, just to add, when you say that 15 credit's aren't accepted by the Universities that is not 100% accurate. The 15 ungraded developmental unit's still need to be completed to get the full diploma, so if they are not completed an offer such as '114 UCAS tariff points as completion of the diploma' it would not be met, even if you have the 114 tariff points

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Yes, thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (38)
22.62%
Note taking apps (5)
2.98%
Flashcards (29)
17.26%
Revision guides (5)
2.98%
Past papers (85)
50.6%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed