Submitting an MCF after the exams

Watch
tsr_account
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I suffer with really bad mental health issues (interrupted my studies for this matter last year and resumed this year but still struggling) Just had my semester 1 university exams. And it went really badly, I let my mental health get the better of me. I couldn’t concentrate at all. I was stupid and didn’t apply for extra time because I thought I didn’t need the extra time which was clearly not apparent. What are my options? If I submit an MCF, would they let me re-attempt it again? Could they add marks onto my final score? I just know I could have done much much better and I’m extremely disappointed with myself. My depression and anxiety were really deteriorating these past few weeks.
tsr_account
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Bump
tsr_account
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
anyone please
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by tsr_account)
I suffer with really bad mental health issues (interrupted my studies for this matter last year and resumed this year but still struggling) Just had my semester 1 university exams. And it went really badly, I let my mental health get the better of me. I couldn’t concentrate at all. I was stupid and didn’t apply for extra time because I thought I didn’t need the extra time which was clearly not apparent. What are my options? If I submit an MCF, would they let me re-attempt it again? Could they add marks onto my final score? I just know I could have done much much better and I’m extremely disappointed with myself. My depression and anxiety were really deteriorating these past few weeks.
You needed to apply for DSA to get additional time - you may be allowed a capped resit but not additional marks. Go and see Student support tomorrow and see what adjustments can be made moving forward.
tsr_account
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
You needed to apply for DSA to get additional time - you may be allowed a capped resit but not additional marks. Go and see Student support tomorrow and see what adjustments can be made moving forward.
when you say a resit, do you mean next year or can I have one as soon as?
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by tsr_account)
when you say a resit, do you mean next year or can I have one as soon as?
Resits are usually in the summer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.45%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.7%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (138)
26.04%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.3%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (255)
48.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.4%

Watched Threads