Which private halls at uni of glasgow are most UK dominant?

Watch
Norman16
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Which private halls at uni of glasgow are most UK dominant as I am worried about being the only person from England in my flat.
Muttly
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
Please don't worry at all about the UK mix - the Scots (& many other Nationalities there) are among the friendliest, crazy, hard partying, open and honest folk you could ever wish to meet. It's really strange but over the past number of years a lot of people have got the vibe that Scotland is insular and wants to be shut off from England. Rubbish - completely the opposite, as long as you don't mention Celtic/Rangers you will get along just fine. I can't think of a better place to be.
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Norman16)
Which private halls at uni of glasgow are most UK dominant as I am worried about being the only person from England in my flat.
Hey Norman16 Sorry I can't say for certain which halls will have the biggest population of UK-based students but I'd love to echo some of Muttly's advice here! It can definitely feel really nerve wracking when you're moving away from the first time (and especially as you're moving a considerable distance from home) but you won't be the only one, and if you are moving in to any halls with a good attitude then I reckon you will settle in brilliantly. If you decide now that you'd like to find other English students and stick with them for the most part then you may be missing a whole other friend group that you may even get on better with :hugs:

Glasgow is a super international and mega friendly city and people come from all over the world to study here at our various institutions You'll find people from all over the UK and all over the world, as well as from Glasgow and further afield in Scotland who have moved away from home for the first time alone. Whichever halls you end up choosing will maybe host social events were you can get to know people, so throw yourself in to those and you'll find people to click with. Get involved in meeting people as best as you can from your first few weeks of study too and you'll connect with lots of likeminded students there.

Like I say though, I completely appreciate it can be nerve wracking so why don't you reach out to current student ambassadors at Glasgow and ask them for their advice? You can reach out to ambassadors using tools like Unibuddy and look for buddies who have moved from elsewhere in the UK. They're there to answer your questions so use it to your advantage

Best of luck with everything!
- Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (63)
12.23%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.75%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (132)
25.63%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
8.35%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (250)
48.54%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.5%

Watched Threads