Provisional application

Watch
Tayrich2001
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I sent my provisional application off 12 weeks ago and they told me over the phone it can take up to 10 weeks but been 12. I can’t track it online as i dont have a reference number and when i’m trying to phone the DVLA (been phoning for the past week) it is saying they are too busy and putting the phone down, emailed them but just telling me to go online and check times which i have done and isn’t helpful atall. Can anybody tell me how long theirs took, if they know how long it might be, etc.
normaw
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 days ago
We were in the same situation before Christmas - I could track it online bit the status never changed. Try the 'Chat' function on this page:

https://contact.dvla.gov.uk/driving-licence

After many attempts trying the normal chat route and being told that it wasn't available, I clicked on the link for critical workers and got through. My daughter then received her licence within a week. The chat starts as a bot, and when asked if I was a critical worker I answered 'No' and it still put me through to an adviser.
Tayrich2001
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by normaw)
We were in the same situation before Christmas - I could track it online bit the status never changed. Try the 'Chat' function on this page:

https://contact.dvla.gov.uk/driving-licence

After many attempts trying the normal chat route and being told that it wasn't available, I clicked on the link for critical workers and got through. My daughter then received her licence within a week. The chat starts as a bot, and when asked if I was a critical worker I answered 'No' and it still put me through to an adviser.
Thankyou so much i will try that then.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (50)
12.41%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.99%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (101)
25.06%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (36)
8.93%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (194)
48.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.47%

Watched Threads