Covid Vaccination

Watch
writemypapers
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Why do we have a 1st, 2nd and a booster vaccine and still get the virus? Any medical expert to make me understand?
MlKE
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
vaccines greatly reduce the likelihood of you catching the virus, and reduce the severity of symptoms if you do catch it, but they don't make you 100% immune. i don't think there is any medication/vaccination that is 100% effective.
breakthrough infections can happen for a bunch of reasons- i'm not sure if we actually know why it happens with covid, but it could be down to the biology of the person infected or a mutation in the virus.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
The vaccine isn't designed to stop you getting the vaccine in the first place, (although there is evidence that it has some benefit there), it's designed to stop you becoming gravely ill.
PilgrimOfTruth
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by writemypapers)
Why do we have a 1st, 2nd and a booster vaccine and still get the virus? Any medical expert to make me understand?
Google "sterilising immunity" and understand the difference between that and other types of protection.

immunity
[ĭ-mu´nĭ-te]
"the condition of being immune; the protection against infectious disease conferred either by the immune response generated by immunization or previous infection or by other nonimmunologic factors. It encompasses the capacity to distinguish foreign material from self, and to neutralize, eliminate, or metabolize that which is foreign (nonself) by the physiologic mechanisms of the immune response."

https://medical-dictionary.thefreedi...y.com/immunity
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%