mia387
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
[deleted]
Last edited by mia387; 1 day ago
ArcticChimera
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
Technically it's okay to fail them if exams go ahead, but please do not count on the exams taking place (it's a weird world we're living in right now). Try your hardest, regardless whether you've done any studying already. I would really advise you to cover as much as possible, even if it's in sparse detail, because it will help you so much in the real thing, but don't get yourself into knots about them.
Liv.corbett
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
I think its best to give them your best go but also treat them as an opportunity to see the gaps in your knowledge because you still have time to revise ahead of the real thing so its best just to get used to timings and exam technique and don't put too much pressure on them because you'll revise loads more for the real thing!
Jess_Lomas
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
Even if exams do go ahead they give you a good idea of the level that your working at as well as areas you need to improve on so even though they don't actually mean anything as of this moment they will still help you do as well as you can in the real exams
mia387
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
[deleted]
Last edited by mia387; 1 day ago
booklover1313
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by mia387)
The gov has responded to petitions saying that exams will definitely be going ahead
They probably will happen, but remember that last year the education secretary gave a ‘cast iron guarantee’ that exams would happen and they didn’t.

You want to try your best and learn as much of the content as you can, because they really will be useful for the real thing. Start with the stuff you don’t know and find the hardest and go from there.
ArcticChimera
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
The gov has responded to petitions saying that exams will definitely be going ahead
Hypothetically, if this is the case, then it's fine if you fail all these. As much as this might ease your nerves which is good, I'd use this opportunity to kickstart your actual revision. Don't think of these of mocks, just practice, which is what they are intended to be, mocks are far more stressful than they're worth:rolleyes:
ArcticChimera
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by booklover1313)
They probably will happen, but remember that last year the education secretary gave a ‘cast iron guarantee’ that exams would happen and they didn’t.

You want to try your best and learn as much of the content as you can, because they really will be useful for the real thing. Start with the stuff you don’t know and find the hardest and go from there.
Agreed. Getting yourself into the mindset now will save you a ton of stress later on.

True but we have a new education secretary now
Honestly my next exam is tomorrow so I don’t know what I’m going to do
Do what you can, OP, even if that's just a quick flick through of content and a glance at a past exam paper. If in doubt, these exams will show to you how much you know at this point, and flag up the areas you need to work on, which will be very helpful over the next few months.
h.h.
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
I literally haven't revised at all. Assuming exams go ahead this year, is it okay to fail these ones?
Man I'm so sad I just had my mocks and they didn't go well I think I got 3 B s hopefully the finals do take place
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.33%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.87%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.03%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (212)
46.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads