Does Boris Johnson now need to resign?

Watch
JVM2020
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
It has got to be said

Boris is a hypocrite. He needs to resign. He has broken the image of Parliament.

Many of us couldn't visit relatives, go to funerals or do anything else. why should he?
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by JVM2020)
It has got to be said

Boris is a hypocrite. He needs to resign. He has broken the image of Parliament.

Many of us couldn't visit relatives, go to funerals or do anything else. why should he?
Probably should had resigned.... Had opportunity today at PM question time after making his unprofessional statement of apologies.

Don't trust the system of the investigation that looking into all of this because it will favor him & his bunch of lying party members.
A independent inquiry means exactly this not a Tory member leading the enquiry to see if he or anyone else broke rules, this investigation should be lead by nominated members from all the political parties at Westminster with a independent person chairing it to come up with the true facts because the police will again say no evidence so not taking it further ( like they did at back end of last year on things ),

Rules for Tory party members and another for rest of us in the UK.
imlikeahermit
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
Simple as that. Let’s be honest here, Labour have been in such a bad place over the last few years we could have had a Conservative government for decades.

Instead, this utter baffoon has ended that hope. Red wall voters won’t vote conservative again, and there are now plenty of people such as myself who are now identifying as a former conservative. I’m struggling to think of another political own goal as big as this.

For heavens sake man, go.
Quady
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
Oh no he doesn't!
Quady
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
Red wall voters won’t vote conservative again
Red wall voters didn't vote Conservative before.
They voted for Boris and they voted for Brexit.
imlikeahermit
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Quady)
Red wall voters didn't vote Conservative before.
They voted for Boris and they voted for Brexit.
They did but then through that also voted conservative.
Tempest II
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
I'm inclined to agree but I'm unsure who is best to replace Boris. Rishi Sunak, Elizabeth Truss, Michael Gove and maybe Priti Patel are options; off the top of my head, I wouldn't know who would be the obvious choice but I'd lean towards Rishi.
PilgrimOfTruth
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
Sense of perspective needed

In the end this is about a few parties and drinks

Pitched against this are the antics of one Tony BLiar who imo lied to the public about the existence of WMDs in order to justify catastrophic wars in the Middle East for which the world is now destabilised and we have to suffer the consequences of terrorism all the time and have increasingly Draconian security restrictions..

Blaming an individual PM for all the woes of Covid and lockdowns imo exposes a huge misunderstanding of what has transpired in the world.
It's patently clear to me personally that such responses came from higher up and that governments the world over had no choice but to implement the lockdowns. They have imo all acted in unison and all with the same MSM outputs. Who you believe that "higher authority" is, is up to you. Elites, technocrats, Pharmaceuticals etc take your pick. Doesn't matter really. Either way we don't get to vote for them yet they wield all the real power. Boris is simply the current puppet fronting the UK that's all.

It's also worth remembering that 1000s of members of the public similarly ignored lockdown mandates and had parties too.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
I've done a bit of tidying and combined these two threads in UK politics.

For what it's worth, it does now feel like a matter of now rather than when. Questions are how long the party want a scapegoat to remain in place, with a cost-of-living crisis and a tight Budget on the way, and who they want to replace him. Essentially in Sunak and Truss there are two leading candidates to succeed him, and if Team Johnson can play them off against each other, and there are enough supporters of one who are keen to stop the other, he might be able to dig in a bit further.
JVM2020
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by Tempest II)
I'm inclined to agree but I'm unsure who is best to replace Boris. Rishi Sunak, Elizabeth Truss, Michael Gove and maybe Priti Patel are options; off the top of my head, I wouldn't know who would be the obvious choice but I'd lean towards Rishi.
I would trust Rishi Sunak as Prime Minister.

fingers crossed to get Boris replaced for this hypocrisy. other MPs are furious with him such as the man who lost his twin children in the Pandemic.
Quady
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
They did but then through that also voted conservative.
Yeah course, just I wouldn't conflate that with them feeling former Conservative. As they didn't vote for a Conservative PM.
Quady
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by JVM2020)
I would trust Rishi Sunak as Prime Minister.
Christ alive, on what basis?

That guy incurred a bigger deficit to gdp than Alistair Darling managed.

Edit
As much as I enjoyed Eat Out to Help Out I'm not sure he so sound
Last edited by Quady; 2 days ago
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Quady)

Edit
As much as I enjoyed Eat Out to Help Out I'm not sure he as sound
PRSOM
Tempest II
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Quady)

Edit
As much as I enjoyed Eat Out to Help Out I'm not sure he as sound
Because of a global pandemic the like of which hasn't been seen since circa 1918. While I can question how some of the money was spent, I can understand why it was spent.
Quady
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
Because of a global pandemic the like of which hasn't been seen since circa 1918. While I can question how some of the money was spent, I can understand why it was spent.
Sounds awfully like Labour's excuse of 'global financial crisis'.
Talkative Toad
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
big no to Gove or Patel, could do with going too imo.
JVM2020
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by Quady)

Edit
As much as I enjoyed Eat Out to Help Out I'm not sure he so sound
it was just a guess to have him as Prime Minister.

if in America, the elect has to be Christian.

Boris is all over live TV with his breach. He claimed that there was no party.
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
Boris is an arrogant, mendacious, hypocritical ‘leader’ who has shown the people he believes he is above the law! Of course, resignation would be like a saving grace at this point. It's his only chance at political salvation, in my opinion. David Cameron knew it was the right thing to do, and for far less at that.
Last edited by Tolgash; 1 day ago
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
He’s got to go it’s not just one party which is wrong in the first place it’s lots more while we were in full lockdown get this clown out and bring in somebody competent.
DSilva
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
It's almost as if eveything the left has said about Johnson for the past 15 years is actually true 🤔.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (61)
12.5%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.84%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (129)
26.43%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
8.81%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (230)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
3.28%

Watched Threads