relatively short (4-5 years) program to get MD after finishing DVM?

Watch this thread
zodiac2357
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I love what I study I am very passionate about it BUT with one problem, we usually study something for example 50 pages of a book then at the end it says IF it was for humans, and in the case of animals we just don't care!!! : I
and most of the time it's all about more productivity of chicken/cow farm and not curing them which is what I am passionate about.
also in the case of pets although its much better but still if u tell the owner that it needs surgery or expensive services they just ask u for euthanasia which is so heartbreaking for me : (
also, curing and medical science are what I love so I was thinking is there any way to get MD after finishing DVM?
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
One thread is enough - no need for 2 the same as you will get responses split across the 2.

Medicine in the UK does have a graduate entry option called GEM - it is a 4 year course. It is very competitive.
zodiac2357
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by ReadingMum)
One thread is enough - no need for 2 the same as you will get responses split across the 2.

Medicine in the UK does have a graduate entry option called GEM - it is a 4 year course. It is very competitive.
Link pls?
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
https://www.medschools.ac.uk/studyin...entry-medicine
TheWannabeFarmer
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Are you studying veterinary medicine? If so I would consider if you want to complete the degree as it may be easier both for you and student finance for future degrees to quit before graduating. It does sound like you had not really researched or thought out the career of a veterinary surgeon prior to studying which is a shame as that place could have gone to somebody who had. It is very difficult to transfer to medicine from a subject like veterinary as they will query why you did not apply for medicine initially.

I will assume you are not studying in the UK as veterinary surgeons here are not granted a DVM But a bachelors of veterinary medicine/surgery/science/a mixture of these.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did the exam go for you?

Great! (7)
14.58%
Quite well (22)
45.83%
Not so good (12)
25%
Terrible! (7)
14.58%

Watched Threads