The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

Got an offer from UCL, however

So I'm an international student from Eastern Europe, and I got a conditional offer from UCL law. One problem - it is really expensive.
I have already done some research, and sadly there are no scholarships available to me. I am wondering about whether or not I should go into a lot of debt for a degree, it is a huge opportunity, and my other option is in France.

UCL is 6th in law worldwide, while the French school is free but also not nearly as reputable, falling 150-200th worldwide. Moreover, I am very good at English but only ok at French. It is a difficult question and I am very lost as to what to do.
I woild recommend UCL as they have high employment rates and even if you have to sepnd quite a bit money you will be able to pay it back quickly if you study well. But if you still feel it's a lot of money do what you are passionate about.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I woild recommend UCL as they have high employment rates and even if you have to sepnd quite a bit money you will be able to pay it back quickly if you study well. But if you still feel it's a lot of money do what you are passionate about.

Hi!

I'm also an international student. I recieved an Unconditional Offer from the UCL on May 2021, however, as I couldn't get in time for scholarships, I demanded a deferral of my offer which I finnally got.

If you are not in a hurry to start your studies, you might try to demand a deferral. If you decide to defer your offer, first of all you should ask to your supervisor. After he/she approves it, demand a deferral to the Admision Team of the UCL.

Best luck!
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm an international student from Eastern Europe, and I got a conditional offer from UCL law. One problem - it is really expensive.
I have already done some research, and sadly there are no scholarships available to me. I am wondering about whether or not I should go into a lot of debt for a degree, it is a huge opportunity, and my other option is in France.

UCL is 6th in law worldwide, while the French school is free but also not nearly as reputable, falling 150-200th worldwide. Moreover, I am very good at English but only ok at French. It is a difficult question and I am very lost as to what to do.

Hi!

I'm also an international student. I recieved an Unconditional Offer from the UCL on May 2021, however, as I couldn't get in time for scholarships, I demanded a deferral of my offer which I finnally got.

If you are not in a hurry to start your studies, you might try to demand a deferral. If you decide to defer your offer, first of all you should ask to your supervisor. After he/she approves it, demand a deferral to the Admision Team of the UCL.

Best luck!
Reply 4
Original post by cedabuid
Hi!

I'm also an international student. I recieved an Unconditional Offer from the UCL on May 2021, however, as I couldn't get in time for scholarships, I demanded a deferral of my offer which I finnally got.

If you are not in a hurry to start your studies, you might try to demand a deferral. If you decide to defer your offer, first of all you should ask to your supervisor. After he/she approves it, demand a deferral to the Admision Team of the UCL.

Best luck!

Hi, can you tell me more about your deferral? Are you defer for Master or undergraduate degree?
I am also an International student and face the same challenges like you
Reply 5
Original post by heynyoo
Hi, can you tell me more about your deferral? Are you defer for Master or undergraduate degree?
I am also an International student and face the same challenges like you


Hi! Well i am a PhD student. In my case I talked to my supervisor, who agreed with that, and also with the Department. In your case I think you should ask directly to your department and see if they accept that option. There should not be any problem.

Latest