The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Got an offer from UCL, however

So I'm an international student from Eastern Europe, and I got a conditional offer from UCL law. One problem - it is really expensive.
I have already done some research, and sadly there are no scholarships available to me. I am wondering about whether or not I should go into a lot of debt for a degree, it is a huge opportunity, and my other option is in France.

UCL is 6th in law worldwide, while the French school is free but also not nearly as reputable, falling 150-200th worldwide. Moreover, I am very good at English but only ok at French. It is a difficult question and I am very lost as to what to do.
I woild recommend UCL as they have high employment rates and even if you have to sepnd quite a bit money you will be able to pay it back quickly if you study well. But if you still feel it's a lot of money do what you are passionate about.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I woild recommend UCL as they have high employment rates and even if you have to sepnd quite a bit money you will be able to pay it back quickly if you study well. But if you still feel it's a lot of money do what you are passionate about.

Hi!

I'm also an international student. I recieved an Unconditional Offer from the UCL on May 2021, however, as I couldn't get in time for scholarships, I demanded a deferral of my offer which I finnally got.

If you are not in a hurry to start your studies, you might try to demand a deferral. If you decide to defer your offer, first of all you should ask to your supervisor. After he/she approves it, demand a deferral to the Admision Team of the UCL.

Best luck!
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm an international student from Eastern Europe, and I got a conditional offer from UCL law. One problem - it is really expensive.
I have already done some research, and sadly there are no scholarships available to me. I am wondering about whether or not I should go into a lot of debt for a degree, it is a huge opportunity, and my other option is in France.

UCL is 6th in law worldwide, while the French school is free but also not nearly as reputable, falling 150-200th worldwide. Moreover, I am very good at English but only ok at French. It is a difficult question and I am very lost as to what to do.

Hi!

I'm also an international student. I recieved an Unconditional Offer from the UCL on May 2021, however, as I couldn't get in time for scholarships, I demanded a deferral of my offer which I finnally got.

If you are not in a hurry to start your studies, you might try to demand a deferral. If you decide to defer your offer, first of all you should ask to your supervisor. After he/she approves it, demand a deferral to the Admision Team of the UCL.

Best luck!
Reply 4
Original post by cedabuid
Hi!

Best luck!

Hi, can you tell me more about your deferral? Are you defer for Master or undergraduate degree?
I am also an International student and face the same challenges like you
Reply 5
Original post by heynyoo
Hi, can you tell me more about your deferral? Are you defer for Master or undergraduate degree?
I am also an International student and face the same challenges like you

Hi! Well i am a PhD student. In my case I talked to my supervisor, who agreed with that, and also with the Department. In your case I think you should ask directly to your department and see if they accept that option. There should not be any problem.

Latest

Trending

Trending