The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Entry requirements for Strathclyde

Hi. I am applying for the Strathclyde Uni BSc Architecture Course for 2022. I have 4 Highers at A - Graphic Communication, Design and Manufacture, Art/ Photography and French. I have a B in Maths and a C in English. Will my C in English be accepted? I am currently doing an HND in Computer Aided Architectural Design, although I will only have completed my HNC if I get accepted to Strathclyde this year.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi. I am applying for the Strathclyde Uni BSc Architecture Course for 2022. I have 4 Highers at A - Graphic Communication, Design and Manufacture, Art/ Photography and French. I have a B in Maths and a C in English. Will my C in English be accepted? I am currently doing an HND in Computer Aided Architectural Design, although I will only have completed my HNC if I get accepted to Strathclyde this year.

Hi there Anon! Thanks for your post, glad to hear you're considering us :biggrin:

Normally we look for Higher English at least at a B, with AAAB overall (Maths or Physics at B and a design based subject at B also). Having a C in your Higher English doesn't necessarily mean that we won't consider you at all as we take your whole application in to account (including your HNC/HND) but it's worth double checking with the department what they would advise. We can on occassion be more flexible with entry requirements as we consider each applicant individually but competition is quite high for our Architecture programme so it's worth bearing that in mind. If you'd like to get in touch with the Engineering faculty you can email them here: [email protected] :smile:

Best of luck with your application!
- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending