harprit
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
i wanna go into dentistry and so far I've chosen biology and chemistry however I need a third option but a subject that won't be too hard for example maybe psychology or sociology? PLEASE I DONT KNOW WHAT TO CHOOSE
Asha2304
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
Choose something you’re interesting in. Do not underestimate the difficulty of those subjects . I haven’t studied neither but I studied Biology Chemistry and English Lit and I’ll tell you that you have no clue what an easy A Level is , you haven’t sat any A Levels . If you want to get a good grade , pick something you’re good at.
Last edited by Asha2304; 4 days ago
Jess_Lomas
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
Personally i would say something like maths which is a 'hard science will increase your chances of getting in but if that's not what your good at its more important to get the grades if you already do two 'hard sciences'
Asha2304
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Jess_Lomas)
Personally i would say something like maths which is a 'hard science will increase your chances of getting in but if that's not what your good at its more important to get the grades if you already do two 'hard sciences'
This is wrong . Choosing a hard science like maths will not increase their chances of getting in
Jess_Lomas
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Asha2304)
This is wrong . Choosing a hard science like maths will not increase their chances of getting
This means maths or physics will increase chances
See attached
Attached files
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
Mesopotamian. may be able to confirm if any dental schools require or give an advantage to students with a third STEM subject at A-level; I'm not aware of any personally.

Based on what Mesopotamian. has said in the past though A-level Physics may be useful background for the course in general, although that doesn't imply it has any influence on admissions.
Asha2304
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
Um no that’s not what it means. Some dental schools will take a combination of physics and chemistry for example as opposed to chemistry and biology . Keeping your options more open does not mean a greater chance of getting in lol . Dental schools only have a preference of a max of 2 subjects . The third one can be whatever you want and it does NOT affect chances of getting in , unless for example my A* is in English lit but they want an A* in biology. However grades aside what you said is incorrect so I’m just letting you know.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Mesopotamian. may be able to confirm if any dental schools require or give an advantage to students with a third STEM subject at A-level; I'm not aware of any personally.

Based on what Mesopotamian. has said in the past though A-level Physics may be useful background for the course in general, although that doesn't imply it has any influence on admissions.
Absolutely. A third science or maths A Level does not confer any advantages admissions wise. Dental schools don’t care what the third subject is, as long as you have at least an A in it.
harprit
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by mesopotamian.)
absolutely. A third science or maths a level does not confer any advantages admissions wise. Dental schools don’t care what the third subject is, as long as you have at least an a in it.
thank u all!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.31%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.81%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.01%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (213)
46.81%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads