Psychology degree 2022- careers

Watch this thread
Random18374748
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi, im curious to find out what careers everyone is thinking of going into after their psychology degree! I am personally really interested in forensic and clinical psychology, but there are many other fields i am not yet aware of.
gruzenka
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Random18374748)
Hi, im curious to find out what careers everyone is thinking of going into after their psychology degree! I am personally really interested in forensic and clinical psychology, but there are many other fields i am not yet aware of.
I am interested in clinical and neuro psychology. If these two don't work out then I'd prolly go for counselling psychology.
Random18374748
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by gruzenka)
I am interested in clinical and neuro psychology. If these two don't work out then I'd prolly go for counselling psychology.
that’s so cool, I’m order to do those I’m guessing you need to have a masters degree right?
gruzenka
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
well, it isn't necessary. atleast not in the UK. if your degree isn't a first class honours then it is recommended to do a masters.
otherwise, after completing your bachelors you need work experience and then apply for DClinPsy.

in other countries i think it is mandatory to do a Masters.
Nerol
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I did my BSc in Psychology with Counselling, which I completed in 2019. I am now working as an Assistant Psychologist in a drug and alcohol service and have applied for the DClinPsy (Professional doctorate in Clinical Psychology) program.
Arden University
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hello, I've just finished my MSc Psychology course at Arden University.

There is a great article about this on the British Psychological Society website which is well worth a read https://www.bps.org.uk/public/become...ons-psychology

In order to be a fully qualified 'psychologist' in a field you need to complete doctorate level study

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi there,

My name is Ivaylo and I'm a Student Ambassador at Coventry University, I'm also a MSc Health Psychology student.

I'm happy to hear that you are interested in clinical psychology as I myself am an aspiring clinical psychologist. To become a clinical psychologist you need to:

1. Take either an undergraduate (first) degree in psychology, or an undergraduate degree in a different subject followed by a psychology conversion course. Make sure that your psychology degree or conversion course is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS).

2.Get a lot of experience that relates to clinical psychology (usually several years’ worth).

3.Take a clinical psychology doctorate (a higher level degree), which again needs to be accredited by the BPS. This combines university study with actual work.

Hope that helps!
Ivaylo
Last edited by Coventry University Student Ambassadors; 3 months ago
username5907504
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Same here with clinical and forensic! I'm leaning towards health psychology as I find that the most interesting. There are also so many different fields that psychology appeals to. I.e. Market research that are defo something to consider as well.
studyholmes
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Hey hey! I’m not sure as of yet, but I’d love to either do a masters in clinical neuroscience or psychological research or go into aviation psychology! Either way, I’m also in the same boat as you since there’s a whole world of interesting careers to go into
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (154)
41.85%
Not yet, but I will soon (68)
18.48%
No (146)
39.67%

Watched Threads