Will I get food poisoning?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I cooked frankfurters for the first time. They cooked well but after one bite I realised they tasted off and when I looked they were 12 days out of date. I know I should have checked before I cooked them. I threw them away after the one bite, but I’m worried if that is enough to give me food poisoning. It wasn’t a massive bite, like 1/6-1/8 of a dog.
Anonymous #1
Bump
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
50% chance of not getting food poisoning, 50% chance of getting it.
Hopefully you will be lucky. :crossedf:
Good luck!
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I cooked frankfurters for the first time. They cooked well but after one bite I realised they tasted off and when I looked they were 12 days out of date. I know I should have checked before I cooked them. I threw them away after the one bite, but I’m worried if that is enough to give me food poisoning. It wasn’t a massive bite, like 1/6-1/8 of a dog.
Can you eat out of date frankfurters......

But remember that hot dogs, like a lot of other proteins, usually have a sell by date and not an expiration date. Because of this distinction, you may safely eat them for a short time even after the sell by date has lapsed if they were stored properly.

How do you know if frankfurters are bad.......
How to tell if hot dogs are bad? The best way is to smell and look at the hot dogs: signs of bad hot dogs are a sour smell, dull color and slimy texture; discard any hot dogs with an off smell or appearance.

How long does an opened package of hot dogs last in the fridge or freezer.
The exact answer to that question depends to a large extent on storage conditions - keep hot dogs (hotdogs) refrigerated at all times.

How long does an opened package of hot dogs last in the refrigerator.
After hot dogs are opened, they may be refrigerated for about 7 days - the "sell-by" date on the package may expire during that storage period, but the hot dogs will remain safe to use after the sell by date if they have been properly stored.
Opened hot dogs may be kept in their original store packaging when refrigerating; to maximize the shelf life of opened hot dogs, place the opened package inside a resealable plastic bag or wrap tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap.

How long can uncooked hot dogs be left at room temperature..
Bacteria grow rapidly at temperatures between 40°F and 140°F; hot dogs should be discarded if left out for more than 2 hours at room temperature.
To further extend the shelf life of hot dogs, freeze; when freezing, place hot dogs in the freezer before the number of days shown for refrigerator storage has elapsed.
You can maximize the shelf life of hot dogs in the freezer by overwrapping the original store packaging with airtight heavy-duty aluminum foil, plastic wrap, or freezer paper or place the package inside a heavy-duty freezer bag in order to prevent freezer burn.

How long do hot dogs last in the freezer.
Properly stored, hot dogs will maintain best quality for about 1 to 2 months in the freezer, but will remain safe beyond that time.
The freezer time shown is for best quality only - hot dogs that have been kept constantly frozen at 0°F will keep safe indefinitely.

How long do hot dogs last after being frozen and thawed..
Hot dogs that have been defrosted in the fridge can be kept for an additional 1 to 2 days in the refrigerator before cooking; hot dogs that were thawed in the microwave or in cold water should be cooked immediately.

How long do hot dogs last in the fridge once they are cooked..

Cooked hot dogs will usually stay good for 3 to 4 days in the fridge and 4 months in the freezer.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
50% chance of not getting food poisoning, 50% chance of getting it.
Hopefully you will be lucky. :crossedf:
Good luck!
I’m hoping one bite won’t be enough. It didn’t taste rotten, just a bit too strong which is why I checked. I normally check these things first always but forgot today when it counted as I was more focused on making sure I cooked them right with it being my first time.
ROTL94 2
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Probably not off one bite, I have taken one bite of out of date chicken before and been completely fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (35)
7.31%
October 2021 (218)
45.51%
November 2021 (54)
11.27%
December 2021 (62)
12.94%
January 2021 (54)
11.27%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (41)
8.56%