Changing Uni Course after First Semester

Watch
elleb2021
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Does changing uni course after first semester depend on academic performance? I am struggling with my law course and want to change to English at Uni of Nottingham, please advice, thank you
normaw
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by elleb2021)
Does changing uni course after first semester depend on academic performance? I am struggling with my law course and want to change to English at Uni of Nottingham, please advice, thank you
Just ask your uni's admissions office and then speak to your course tutor.
elleb2021
Rep:
(Original post by normaw)
Just ask your uni's admissions office and then speak to your course tutor.
Thank you
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Please ignore the other post. Internal course changes have nothing to do with admissions.

All the details and forms are here: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/quality...ht-course.aspx

You need to talk to the English dept. If they’re not happy to let you change midyear then you’ll need to decide whether to finish this year of law and then restart in English next year or whether you can afford to suspend your studies and restart on English in September
elleb2021
Rep:
(Original post by PQ)
Please ignore the other post. Internal course changes have nothing to do with admissions.

All the details and forms are here: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/quality...ht-course.aspx

You need to talk to the English dept. If they’re not happy to let you change midyear then you’ll need to decide whether to finish this year of law and then restart in English next year or whether you can afford to suspend your studies and restart on English in September
Thank you for your advise. If I were to suspend my studies and re start the next year, would I have to reapply through UCAS?
normaw
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Thank you
My apologies for misadvising you.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Thank you for your advise. If I were to suspend my studies and re start the next year, would I have to reapply through UCAS?
If you read through the link to the process it explains. As long as you follow the course change process and it's approved then you're an internal transfer and not a new applicant.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (17)
6.97%
October 2021 (116)
47.54%
November 2021 (24)
9.84%
December 2021 (32)
13.11%
January 2021 (21)
8.61%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (26)
10.66%