can't get anything done, basically 0 organisational skills/discipline???

Watch
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
i have like, 742 things to do, tons of free time and yet........ i can't get anything done, like i'll start one thing, then stop, do something else, then move on again, never actually getting anything done. even little things distract me. also - too many thoughts, jumping from one to the next...

how to be more disciplined?
Squiggles1238
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 days ago
I completely relate to you. Have you tried setting yourself daily goals? e.g., by the end of the day I will have completed this, or by this afternoon I will have gotten so far in this project
Try putting on some ambient music, put your phone on do not disturb, or put it in another room. Take frequent breaks, and don't pressure yourself so much, as it sounds like you feel this immense pressure to do something, but the lack of motivation makes you unable to do it, and so in comes the guilt of feeling 'unproductive'
Just take it a step at a time and set realistic goals. Think about why you are doing what you need to be doing, and how much better you will feel once youve finished it, almost like a weight off your chest
Ciel.
Rep:
(Original post by Squiggles1238)
I completely relate to you. Have you tried setting yourself daily goals? e.g., by the end of the day I will have completed this, or by this afternoon I will have gotten so far in this project
Try putting on some ambient music, put your phone on do not disturb, or put it in another room. Take frequent breaks, and don't pressure yourself so much, as it sounds like you feel this immense pressure to do something, but the lack of motivation makes you unable to do it, and so in comes the guilt of feeling 'unproductive'
Just take it a step at a time and set realistic goals. Think about why you are doing what you need to be doing, and how much better you will feel once youve finished it, almost like a weight off your chest
yeah, i always set myself lots of goals but never really complete any of them, lol :< i do lack motivation i guess, my life feels pretty aimless at the moment... my phone is defo part of the problem, i check my socials like every 5 minutes.
Squiggles1238
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
yeah, i always set myself lots of goals but never really complete any of them, lol :< i do lack motivation i guess, my life feels pretty aimless at the moment... my phone is defo part of the problem, i check my socials like every 5 minutes.
what kind of stuff are you procrastinating doing? is it Uni/College work? is it related to your job if you have one? is it day to day tasks?
5hyl33n
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
Maybe setting yourself too many goals is the issue?
Oklolll
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
i have like, 742 things to do, tons of free time and yet........ i can't get anything done, like i'll start one thing, then stop, do something else, then move on again, never actually getting anything done. even little things distract me. also - too many thoughts, jumping from one to the next...

how to be more disciplined?
I know what you mean, but try working on the floor or buy a backboard thing to do work on your bed.
Ciel.
Rep:
what kind of stuff are you procrastinating doing? is it Uni/College work? is it related to your job if you have one? is it day to day tasks?
everything tbh. working on my art projects. training our dog. housework. self care even, i mean i still do the basics but i used to be so extra, lol.
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
Maybe setting yourself too many goals is the issue?
idk it shouldn't be :< i've got lots of free time. idk i feel like everyone else is so productive and i can't even do the basics
Squiggles1238
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
Maybe you are just feeling a little consumed by all the tasks you need to do. I agree with above commenter that you maybe setting yourself too many goals. If youre feeling overwhelmed right now, why not set one goal a day, for example "i am going to spend1 hour on my art project today", and during tht time, you can put your phone in another room so it wont distract you
Ciel.
Rep:
Maybe you are just feeling a little consumed by all the tasks you need to do. I agree with above commenter that you maybe setting yourself too many goals. If youre feeling overwhelmed right now, why not set one goal a day, for example "i am going to spend1 hour on my art project today", and during tht time, you can put your phone in another room so it wont distract you
yeah, maybe. i'll try that, thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (46)
12.3%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (7)
1.87%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (92)
24.6%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (34)
9.09%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (181)
48.4%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.74%

Watched Threads