The Student Room Group

Bumper Locked Vidachick's Application Thread

Hey everyone, I made a thread earlier because my college are threatening to kick me out because of personal reasons. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=712952. At the moment though, I'm trying to do my UCAS form and phoned college (it's half term) to ask my tutor to write my reference (most people have already done their UCAS forms but I've been a bit lazy). She was an utter cow to me and said that IO basically shouldn't even be thinking of uni with my attitude, and she would find it impossible to write a 'sound academic reference considering my attendance and previous AS grades'. What am I going to do? I really want to go to uni but my tutor is going to wreck it for me :s-smilie:. How can I complain to the local authority about her as well?

Scroll to see replies

I think your tutor has a very valid point. From reading a bit of your previous thread earlier I can say that if I were your tutor I would find it extremly difficult writing a good reference for you.
vidachick
(most people have already done their UCAS forms but I've been a bit lazy).

Really?! How unlike you...

vidachick
She was an utter cow to me

Maybe this is why:

vidachick
(it's half term) [...] (most people have already done their UCAS forms but I've been a bit lazy).
Reply 3
Get off TSR, STOP making silly threads, get an alarm clock, and DO SOME WORK.
Reply 4
It's quite clear that you haven't been trying your best.
Maybe you could try to change things around to show you're serious about going to uni and being able to do the work while you're there?
And you could ask another tutor or lecturer/teacher to write your reference?
I wouldn't complain about her, she seems to have done nothing wrong.
Charlski
Get off TSR, STOP making silly threads, get an alarm clock, and DO SOME WORK.

I know you are talking to the Op, but I also needed motivation to get off tsr so thank you! :biggrin:

Op, do work and show you have changed...
If I were you and was serious about going to uni I'd go talk to her and ask her that if you show you really want to go (i.e. actually go to lessons, do work and show commitment to your course) if she would write you a reference at the end of next month or in December. You have until Jan to send it off and I'm sure if you actually put the effort in your tutor would change their mind.
Reply 7
tradingmyheartforyours
I know you are talking to the Op, but I also needed motivation to get off tsr so thank you! :biggrin:

:p:
vidachick
Hey everyone, I made a thread earlier because my college are threatening to kick me out because of personal reasons. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=712952. At the moment though, I'm trying to do my UCAS form and phoned college (it's half term) to ask my tutor to write my reference (most people have already done their UCAS forms but I've been a bit lazy). She was an utter cow to me and said that IO basically shouldn't even be thinking of uni with my attitude, and she would find it impossible to write a 'sound academic reference considering my attendance and previous AS grades'. What am I going to do? I really want to go to uni but my tutor is going to wreck it for me :s-smilie:. How can I complain to the local authority about her as well?

You say yourself that you only want to go to uni to 'live the uni life' - sounds to me like you just want to be lazy and delay getting a job as long as possible.
I'd say you're wrecking your chances, not your tutor!
Reply 9
Considering your earlier thread, I don't blame your teacher at all. You clearly make no effort at college, you turn up late, you miss lessons...
Plus, you must have an attitude problem. Your teacher wouldn't say such things for no reason. Why do you even want to go to uni?
If you can, try to make amends and convince your teacher that you are serious about going to Uni (if you are serious, of course), because you don't want to end up like me.
I left school and college with only ONE good GCSE and a GNVQ. I then had to pay for a correspondence course to take my A Levels and I also had to pay for my exams. Of course it feels great now that I've got where I want to be, and I actually liked studying at home in my own time because it taught me the value of education, but I don't think that it's the best way to get to Uni.

So get your finger out, mate.
Reply 11
Antonia87
Considering your earlier thread, I don't blame your teacher at all. You clearly make no effort at college, you turn up late, you miss lessons...
Plus, you must have an attitude problem. Your teacher wouldn't say such things for no reason. Why do you even want to go to uni?

What's your point, I've said I'm going to change next term. My question as well though is who would I have to go in the local authorities to get this teacher disciplined, as she's potentially ruining my life.
vidachick
What's your point, I've said I'm going to change next term. My question as well though is who would I have to go in the local authorities to get this teacher disciplined, as she's potentially ruining my life.

You wouldn't go to the local authorities to complain about a teacher you go further up the college and to be honest whoever you go to will laugh in your face.
Reply 13
vidachick

"You're ruining your own life".
Reply 14
vidachick

Changing next term is no good. Change NOW. You have already explained to us in three threads that you are lazy and this is affecting your work. You may be in half term, but that shouldn't stop you actually doing some work - revision? She's actually potentially doing you a huge favour.
Reply 15
You say you want to go to uni to "live the uni life". If you're as lazy there are you are in college, I probably agree with your tutor here. Why not just move to a city, get a job and hang around with students?
Reply 16
Happy_Holidays
You wouldn't go to the local authorities to complain about a teacher you go further up the college and to be honest whoever you go to will laugh in your face.

Excuse me, but what is that supposed to mean? This teacher has had it in for me from day one; she always marks my work late when I hand it only a couple of days past the deadline, always makes me take my earrings out before I go on placement because she says the hoops are too big, and now won't even write me a reference. She's a disgrace to the profession IMO.
Reply 17
how is he ruining your life, apply anyway she can't exactly 'bitch' about you in ref, all she can say is poor attendance blah blah or whatever it is you did wrong, alot of uni's don't care about ref's and all that, as long as you have the grades so stop screwing about a ref and just work hard to get the grades...
Reply 18
vidachick
Excuse me, but what is that supposed to mean? This teacher has had it in for me from day one; she always marks my work late when I hand it only a couple of days past the deadline, always makes me take my earrings out before I go on placement because she says the hoops are too big, and now won't even write me a reference. She's a disgrace to the profession IMO.

Stop whinging and do some work! A couple of days past the deadline IS late. We automatically get marks struck off at uni if we hand in an essay a day late.
vidachick

She's probably right.

Latest

Trending

Trending