is it difficult to find a job with a low degree classification?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
was on track to get a first but I am now looking at getting a high 2:2. Do employers favour higher degree classifications? does anyone have any advice?
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Lots of employers require a 2.1 minimum, certainly at big employers & competitive jobs. Their are still employers that take lower classifications, but it’s certainly far less then 2.1 which virtually all employers consider.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mnot)
Lots of employers require a 2.1 minimum, certainly at big employers & competitive jobs. Their are still employers that take lower classifications, but it’s certainly far less then 2.1 which virtually all employers consider.
I'm so disappointed with myself are postgrad courses also out of reach? I think most masters courses only accept 2:1 or higher?
mnot
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm so disappointed with myself are postgrad courses also out of reach? I think most masters courses only accept 2:1 or higher?
Some require 2.1, some are more competitive & some are less, you can certainly find ones that accept a 2.2.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mnot)
Some require 2.1, some are more competitive & some are less, you can certainly find ones that accept a 2.2.
Thank you for the reply. I'm really not sure what to do. I wanted to do a masters but the likelihood of being accepted onto a course is lower than others with 2:1/1st. Should I take a year to gain experience? Would taking a year out before returning to education put me at a disadvantage?
mnot
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you for the reply. I'm really not sure what to do. I wanted to do a masters but the likelihood of being accepted onto a course is lower than others with 2:1/1st. Should I take a year to gain experience? Would taking a year out before returning to education put me at a disadvantage?
Tbh you might not need to. A lot of masters aren’t that competitive, id recommended looking around at what’s available first, & send a few emails if any courses require a 2.1 but your very keen.
Last edited by mnot; 4 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
16.36%
The paper was reasonable (209)
48.83%
Not feeling great about that exam... (103)
24.07%
It was TERRIBLE (46)
10.75%

Watched Threads