St. Andrews vs Edinburgh vs KCL vs UCL

Watch
syd1
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I'm a US international student, unsure if I want to go to school in the UK or US. I've received offers from St. Andrews, Edinburgh, and KCL and am waiting on UCL. As an int I'm unsure of these schools' reps in the UK; what are they good for, what is social life like, what the major differences are. I would love some advice on this! Thank you!
Anonymous #1
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by syd1)
I'm a US international student, unsure if I want to go to school in the UK or US. I've received offers from St. Andrews, Edinburgh, and KCL and am waiting on UCL. As an int I'm unsure of these schools' reps in the UK; what are they good for, what is social life like, what the major differences are. I would love some advice on this! Thank you!
Hi! I'm also an applicant from the US and I'm deciding between US and UK too What did you apply for?
I grew up in the UK and I know those schools are really good, so congrats! My friend goes to UCL and she really likes it, she studies economics.
syd1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi! I'm also an applicant from the US and I'm deciding between US and UK too What did you apply for?
I grew up in the UK and I know those schools are really good, so congrats! My friend goes to UCL and she really likes it, she studies economics.
Hello! I applied for Classical Archaeology and Ancient History and Edi, Ancient History and Archaeology at St. Andrews, Ancient History at King's, and Archaeology with a Year Abroad at UCL! (Also Oxford and LSE but uhh.. those didn't work out )Where have you applied?
Anonymous #1
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by syd1)
Hello! I applied for Classical Archaeology and Ancient History and Edi, Ancient History and Archaeology at St. Andrews, Ancient History at King's, and Archaeology with a Year Abroad at UCL! (Also Oxford and LSE but uhh.. those didn't work out )Where have you applied?
oooh nice! (oxford didn't work out for me either lol) I applied to UCL, Edi, KCL, and Exeter with Psychology or Psychology and Economics! Waiting for both US and UK decisions
syd1
Rep:
(Original post by Anonymous)
oooh nice! (oxford didn't work out for me either lol) I applied to UCL, Edi, KCL, and Exeter with Psychology or Psychology and Economics! Waiting for both US and UK decisions
That’s awesome! How do you think you’ll choose between the US and UK?
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
I mean (I will be probably get arguments about this...) but Scotland is very different to London in all respects! I would say overall the rankings for these universities are quite close. So I would really focus on where you want to spend the next 3/4 years. London is London, it is the hub of the UK, social life is fantastic as you literally have everything on your door step! The cost, however, is vastly vastly more than Scotland.
Last edited by Noodlzzz; 5 days ago
syd1
Rep:
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
I mean (I will be probably get arguments about this...) but Scotland is very different to London in all respects! I would say overall the rankings for these universities are quite close. So I would really focus on where you want to spend the next 3/4 years. London is London, it is the hub of the UK, social life is fantastic as you literally have everything on your door step! The cost, however, is vastly vastly more than Scotland.
Thank you so much! Is Scotland known for having less opportunities outside of the classroom? I want to be able to become involved in the community.
Anonymous #1
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by syd1)
That’s awesome! How do you think you’ll choose between the US and UK?
Probably how prestigious the school is and the price )

also i’ll probably think more about what i want to do in the future. your major is pretty much fixed in the UK and there’s so much more freedom in the US about major changes and stuff.

what about you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.41%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.69%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (139)
26.13%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.27%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (256)
48.12%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.38%

Watched Threads