The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

What does the school mean by "returning student" ?

Does it mean a student who has already been a student on campus in the previous semester or who has yet to return from leave of absence (a discontinuation in their program for a year or semester) ?

It's a bit confusing when reading what are written on school website. Do you know what the term actually refers to?
Reply 1
In the UK it is simply a student returning for the next stage/year of their studies, i.e. after the summer vacation.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by gjd800
In the UK it is simply a student returning for the next stage/year of their studies, i.e. after the summer vacation.

Thanks a lot :smile:

The reason I opened this post is that I saw this:

(the screenshot)

https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/students/academic/matriculation/

They mentioned "international returning students" in one paragraph while "...or students returning from leave of absence" in the other paragraph.

I am a UK Citizen whose permanent address is outside the UK and was thus considered "international" at the time of my matriculation.

I asked them about that in December and was told I didn't another ID check in this month, but what's written on the school website seems a bit confusing, if not contradictory, and I also haven't received any emails about that so far.

I don't know if I may have missed out on anything.

What do you think?

Quick Reply

Latest