3 Assignments due in in 14 days

Watch
Thepr0digy
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
So I have 1 assignment due in 7 days and another 2 in 14 days. The first 1 is 1500 words and the other 2 are 2500. Just looking for any tips on how I can finish these in time but still be efficient and effective. This is for a 2nd year International business bachelor of arts degree. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. This is definitely not me procrastinating lol
thegeek888
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 days ago
Study and write your essays/reports from 18:00 - 06:00 and sleep during 07:00 to 15:00 and repeat it for the 2 weeks. You won't get disturbed nor distracted by anything or anyone during the night and during the day you can sleep. Maybe 'live' in the library during the night too!!! lol
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
Hi Thepr0digy you may find it helpful to request an extension on your assignments, to allow you more time to write the best essays you can. If you do apply for extensions, don't wait for them to get back to you to start though. You will need to be organised so you should create plans for all your essays, perhaps using bullet points listing how you are going to write the essay, what is going to go where etc. You should follow your learning outcome, don't waste time on anything that your learning outcome does not specify.

To help with efficient time management, make a plan for when to write your essay i.e. Day 1 - Complete introduction on all essays and find three helpful journals OR Day 1 : 9-11am work on essay one 1-3 work on essay two 5-7 work on essay three etc. Something along those lines, and make the plan for each day leading up to the deadline, giving yourself a few days leeway for checking over your assignment, finishing referencing, managing work count etc.

What you can do is as soon as you wake up just start writing or researching, do this for an hour or two, have a break, get some breakfast then start on again. Try to work in segments of 1-2 hours, that way you will be able to do more in your day than if say you did 4 hours straight and then were too tired to do any more for the rest of the day.

Going to the university library is also a good way to get a lot done. Other people working can motivate you to work and being in this environment can help you concentrate. You can even invite other people you know to the library if you find working with others helps you to do yours.

Another tip is that you can use the microphone button on the word document to translate speech to text can be a faster way of getting your information into your essay. This function often gets words wrong though and doesn't put in the correct punctuation, so make sure you go over it afterwards. You can also get a text to speech app on your phone for when you have thoughts of what to write in your assignment when you're out and about.

Best of luck on your assignments.

- Rosie
Last edited by hallamstudents; 5 days ago
VictoriaAlp
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Thepr0digy)
So I have 1 assignment due in 7 days and another 2 in 14 days. The first 1 is 1500 words and the other 2 are 2500. Just looking for any tips on how I can finish these in time but still be efficient and effective. This is for a 2nd year International business bachelor of arts degree. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. This is definitely not me procrastinating lol
Hey, check out this link academicsconsultants.org they can help you out. I have used them before for my assignments guidelines.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.41%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.69%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (139)
26.13%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.27%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (256)
48.12%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.38%

Watched Threads