Disordered has its two sides 😭

Watch
Rip_itsgrace:)
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So for those of you who are saying “one minute your saying that u think u eat to much & then your saying that your carers should be encouraging u to eat “
Well this is because of my disordered eating and it’s a bit like how I minute i will eat the next minute I won’t because it’s like angel me then devil me and I wish ppl wouldn’t be so fast to comment when they don’t know anything so go educate ur self before saying stuff like this 👍 not that ****ing hard ! 🤦*♀️
0ptics
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rip_itsgrace:))
go educate ur self before saying stuff like this 👍 not that ****ing hard ! 🤦*♀️
May I remind you that you presented all of this on a student forum. There’s a reason why others were recommending you to visit a GP.
Rep:
(Original post by 0ptics)
May I remind you that you presented all of this on a student forum. There’s a reason why others were recommending you to visit a GP.
Ye but ppl really don’t know any bout me and my disordered eating so they should stop telling me to go to a gp when they don’t have a ****ing clue 👌
0ptics
Report 1 week ago
Ye but ppl really don’t know any bout me and my disordered eating so they should stop telling me to go to a gp when they don’t have a ****ing clue 👌
We do have a clue, we just don’t have the full picture. And the full picture isn’t for us to deal with.
Muttly
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I presume there is another recent thread on this forum that is part of this one?

Your disordered eating sounds like 99% of 'normal' people (if anyone can ever define normal) who happen to be overweight or underweight or anywhere in between - with or without any eating habit labels?

The devil says (yes go on you know you really want to - just do it) the Angel says (no don't do it - be good it'll be much better for you)
The old Left shoulder and Right shoulder syndrome

You seem to know what you want to think and don't want to want to hear any other viewpoints - that's ok to make a statement but this is a forum?
0ptics
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Muttly)
I presume there is another recent thread on this forum that is part of this one?
Yep, here you go.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...167&highlight=
black tea
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
So what do you want people to say to you?

If you want help and the GP is not helping, see another GP. Your school can technically also refer you to CAMHS. There is also help available via the BEAT website.

If you are just making these threads for attention, then at least have the decency not to be rude to people who are trying to help you.
bones-mccoy
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
With all due respect, you're acknowledging that people don't understand your disordered eating but still asking them for advice? It doesn't make sense that you'd expect strangers on a student forum to understand the nuances of your specific situation when the very large majority of us aren't professionals and absolutely no one on here knows your medical history
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 1 week ago
Cancelled Alice
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I don’t know what you are expecting to gain, it’s clear that the type of response you are getting are upsetting to you, which is fine but I don’t understand why you won’t just posting this kind of content?
TSR can’t treat you, that’s why people are suggesting that you go to your GP, I understand that you might have had bad experiences and not all GPs know a lot about mental health, but on the flip side of that some do. When you ring up your GP surgery to make an appointment, it might help if you inform them that you need help with your MH so they can pass you on to the best person.
No one is going to save you.
Rep:
(Original post by 0ptics)
We do have a clue, we just don’t have the full picture. And the full picture isn’t for us to deal with.
I never said it’s for anyone to deal with it’s for me to deal with 🤦*♀️
Rep:
(Original post by black tea)
So what do you want people to say to you?

If you want help and the GP is not helping, see another GP. Your school can technically also refer you to CAMHS. There is also help available via the BEAT website.

If you are just making these threads for attention, then at least have the decency not to be rude to people who are trying to help you.
Know one wants to help be btw and I’m not doing it for a attention I’m actually really struggling and when was I rude to anyone on this app ???
Cancelled Alice
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Know one wants to help be btw and I’m not doing it for a attention I’m actually really struggling and when was I rude to anyone on this app ???
It’s 100% possible to be really struggling, in need of help and still be attention seeking
Rep:
(Original post by Cancelled Alice)
It’s 100% possible to be really struggling, in need of help and still be attention seeking
ok . And when was I rude then ???
Rep:
(Original post by Cancelled Alice)
Like I’m not ****ing get it out ur head 🤦*♀️
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Like I’m not ****ing get it out ur head 🤦*♀️
Swearing at people is generally considered rude…
Rep:
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
Swearing at people is generally considered rude…
nah I’m just annoyed and rude may and can mean swearing but it has to be name calling like ***** etc…
coco:)
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Ok, what do you want us to do now? I think we've pretty much exhausted all the advice we can give you so what do you expect from us in each of these new threads because you're probably going to hear the same things. None of us can really judge what's best for you as we don't know you well enough or, as you say, have enough knowledge about disordered eating.
Last edited by coco:); 1 week ago
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
nah I’m just annoyed and rude may and can mean swearing but it has to be name calling like ***** etc…
I don’t think it does. I’m sorry you’re struggling, but you don’t seem to be taking on/wanting to hear any of the genuine advice given to you on your previous thread.
I’d advise making a doctors appointment to speak to someone about your eating habits
Last edited by flaurie; 1 week ago
Rep:
(Original post by coco:))
Ok, what do you want us to do now? I think we've pretty much exhausted all the advice we can give you so what do you expect from us in each of these new threads because you're probably going to hear the same things. None of us can really judge what's best for you as we don't know you well enough or, as you say, have enough knowledge about disordered eating.
Ok I’m sorry 😞
Rep:
(Original post by flaurie)
I don’t think it does. I’m sorry you’re struggling, but you don’t seem to be taking on/wanting to hear any of the genuine advice given to you on your previous thread.
I’d advise making a doctors appointment to speak to someone about your eating habits
Ok whatever I just don’t think I have say or done anything thing rude and my doctors don’t care they just go “your fine” or “it’s just a phase” and just stupid stuff like that and they said “if ur not underweight it doesn’t matter” like wtf 😬
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (12)
5.94%
October 2021 (99)
49.01%
November 2021 (20)
9.9%
December 2021 (30)
14.85%
January 2021 (16)
7.92%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (20)
9.9%