arjunsetlur
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi there! I am thinking of applying for a BA in Politics but am unsure what universities I would have a chance of getting into with my grades. I have been predicted an A*, A and a B in Economics, History and Accounting respectively in my A Levls. Any help would be much appreciated!
Cote1
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 days ago
If you look at the entry requirements for each university course you will see the grade entry requirements. There are a number asking for your predicted grades or lower.
You could also have an aspirational choice if you like (for example, a university that you really want to go to but the grade entry requirements might be a grade or so higher than your predicted grades).

It also all depends on which universities you like.

The usual advice is to also have an insurance type of university choice as a backup (one that you will be very likely to get into but hopefully still would be happy enough to attend).
Apologies if you know all this!
Last edited by Cote1; 5 days ago
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
The usual advice is to make your 5 choices :
1 or 2 'risky' choices - just above your predicted grades - one grade and not in a vital subject
2 or 3 - at your predicted grades
1 or 2 - just below your predicted grades

More advice about Avoiding 5 Rejections here - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections

Applying for Politics : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/politics_degree
arjunsetlur
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by Cote1)
If you look at the entry requirements for each university course you will see the grade entry requirements. There are a number asking for your predicted grades or lower.
You could also have an aspirational choice if you like (for example, a university that you really want to go to but the grade entry requirements might be a grade or so higher than your predicted grades).

It also all depends on which universities you like.

The usual advice is to also have an insurance type of university choice as a backup (one that you will be very likely to get into but hopefully still would be happy enough to attend).
Apologies if you know all this!
Thank you!
arjunsetlur
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by McGinger)
The usual advice is to make your 5 choices :
1 or 2 'risky' choices - just above your predicted grades - one grade and not in a vital subject
2 or 3 - at your predicted grades
1 or 2 - just below your predicted grades

More advice about Avoiding 5 Rejections here - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections

Applying for Politics : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/politics_degree
Thank you!
achng
Rep:
Report 23 hours ago
I'm pursuing Finance and appreciate any advice on the final list of universities. (met uni requirement). Thanks
1. University of Manchester
2. Loughborough University
3. University of Reading
4. Lancaster University
5. University of Bristol
6. University of Leeds
7. University of Birmingham
8. University of Kent
9. City University
10. University of Coventry
Deloo
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 23 hours ago
(Original post by arjunsetlur)
Hi there! I am thinking of applying for a BA in Politics but am unsure what universities I would have a chance of getting into with my grades. I have been predicted an A*, A and a B in Economics, History and Accounting respectively in my A Levls. Any help would be much appreciated!
You could go for one risky university choice.
I would recommend London School of Economics and Political science. Politics course here is comparable to (or slightly less) Oxbridge and the admission is very competitive. But you could definitely give it a go.
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 minute ago
(Original post by arjunsetlur)
Hi there!

My name is Eleanor and I'm a Student Ambassador at Coventry University.

Coventry University offers both BA in Politics but also a BA in History and Politics if you're interested in continuing your history! Here is a link to the BA Politics course if you want to read more on what we offer: https://www.coventry.ac.uk/course-st.../?term=2022-23

Coventry University is one of the only universities who really pushes you to gain work experience through placement and gap years- they also make sure to push every bit of information on how to get a job in your area as much as possible. Coventry wants you to have the capability to leave the University and feel confident in starting your next chapter of life, rather than being scared and questioning why you went to Uni in the first place! A lot of Universities forget to teach us about life skills and what to do to get in our industries but Coventry doesn't!

Coventry also has a handful of societies which also involve Politics and many other subjects that may interest you! We have a lot of society events and are always promoting to join them.

Another thing about Coventry University is that we have Add-vantages. Add-vantages are something we can take alongside our main courses- so for example, you could do politics BA but then also learn sign language or create a video game! These are so beneficial and are actual courses that will be applied to your degree when you graduate- if you want to read more about Add-vantages, here is a link, underneath you will find the lists of Add-vantages that the University offers: https://www.coventry.ac.uk/study-at-...ntage-modules/

I will also be in touch again soon with information from an actual Politics student at Coventry University, so you can get an idea of what the course is like from an actual student from Cov!

I hope this helps, if you need anymore information, don't hesitate to reply and either me or another student ambassador will get in touch.

El
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.62%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.72%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (135)
25.81%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
8.22%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (252)
48.18%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed