Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hello, I've been so stressed lately. I have been trying so hard this year but unfortunately was not able to complete one assignment on time. This year involved me working 37.5 a week at placement and I had 2 projects to do for them which I ended up bringing home as they did not let me concentrate with them when I was working there and instead had to do in the evenings at home. And I also had another 10 hours of my part time job, PowerPoint at the end of the semester and then the systematic review which I did not finish on time. I was also exhausted from the last 3 months of working constantly, so I ended up being very ill during the time had I to do the report. I'm just worried that I don't get the deferral approved as I requested one in my 3rd year as I got a really bad illness and submitted all my work except for one. Do you think they consider the previous time that I have asked for a deferral?
Muttly
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello, I've been so stressed lately. I have been trying so hard this year but unfortunately was not able to complete one assignment on time. This year involved me working 37.5 a week at placement and I had 2 projects to do for them which I ended up bringing home as they did not let me concentrate with them when I was working there and instead had to do in the evenings at home. And I also had another 10 hours of my part time job, PowerPoint at the end of the semester and then the systematic review which I did not finish on time. I was also exhausted from the last 3 months of working constantly, so I ended up being very ill during the time had I to do the report. I'm just worried that I don't get the deferral approved as I requested one in my 3rd year as I got a really bad illness and submitted all my work except for one. Do you think they consider the previous time that I have asked for a deferral?
Firstly you sound so exhausted and really burnt out and your longer term health is so precious - it matters more than anything. Life at times can be a juggling act a bit like watching circus plate spinners. You also now have a positive life experience of how close you can get to 'the edge' without disappearing (and how to rebalance each commitment for next time) You have survived. Hopefully you can save the final stage which is the important one - but don't give up. First a short time where you do absolutely nothing but sleep and take stock. If you have a plan and the stress will ease.

They may give you grace on the assignment - if you explain about the lack of available protected time for study or written work (as it was) if that should have occurred and the reasons why it might never have happened (Covid staff shortages??) Also if you can get any proof by way of doctors report or evidence of any illness you have had to submit it would help your case being proved genuine (not that I don't believe you - it is standard practice for case submission) Don't worry about previous use of such reasons for delay - everyone gets poorly and it happens? Most Uni's will do everything they can to get you through. That said get anything together asap for the outstanding assignment if you feel well enough just to focus on that one thing. Be ready to submit something even if its 75% of your usual best work . It doesn't have to be perfect. You can usually resubmit? I urge you to talk to a tutor if you can as soon as possible too to ask advice and find the plan structure.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Muttly)
Firstly you sound so exhausted and really burnt out and your longer term health is so precious - it matters more than anything. Life at times can be a juggling act a bit like watching circus plate spinners. You also now have a positive life experience of how close you can get to 'the edge' without disappearing (and how to rebalance each commitment for next time) You have survived. Hopefully you can save the final stage which is the important one - but don't give up. First a short time where you do absolutely nothing but sleep and take stock. If you have a plan and the stress will ease.

They may give you grace on the assignment - if you explain about the lack of available protected time for study or written work (as it was) if that should have occurred and the reasons why it might never have happened (Covid staff shortages??) Also if you can get any proof by way of doctors report or evidence of any illness you have had to submit it would help your case being proved genuine (not that I don't believe you - it is standard practice for case submission) Don't worry about previous use of such reasons for delay - everyone gets poorly and it happens? Most Uni's will do everything they can to get you through. That said get anything together asap for the outstanding assignment if you feel well enough just to focus on that one thing. Be ready to submit something even if its 75% of your usual best work . It doesn't have to be perfect. You can usually resubmit? I urge you to talk to a tutor if you can as soon as possible too to ask advice and find the plan structure.
Yes thank you. I have talked to my personal tutor already it's just down to what the board has said and I've also been to the doctor with this illness and it turns out I'm Anaemic, so Im going to try and get a doctors note for evidence.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.41%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.69%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (139)
26.13%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.27%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (256)
48.12%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.38%

Watched Threads