What does it mean if a uni doesn't consider your foundation year?

Watch
Wertyon2
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
KCL state that a Year 0 Foundation year does not form part of the offer. However since I am applying with A levels whilst currently in my foundation year, does this mean I could do bad in my foundation year and they wouldn't care? (And for other unis who would be only making A level offers)
Last edited by Wertyon2; 6 days ago
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Wertyon2)
KCL state that a Year 0 Foundation year does not form part of the offer. However since I am applying with A levels whilst currently in my foundation year, does this mean I could do bad in my foundation year and they wouldn't care? (And for other unis who would be only making A level offers)
They mean that FY results will not be a condition of any offer BUT that doesn't mean that they might not take them into account when assessing you. They could request an interim transcript and if you results were poor that might give them second thoughts.

All unis are different and you would need to ask them directly how/if they take FY results into account, (especially if you already have AL grades sufficient to get in, or are retaking them).
Wertyon2
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I will be studying a total of 8 modules in my foundation year. I have got above 70% (1st in 3 of my modules) and I might get a 2:1 for a computational module which I hope doesn't look bad. But ok cool.
Last edited by Wertyon2; 5 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (74)
13.31%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.62%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (142)
25.54%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
7.91%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (269)
48.38%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.24%

Watched Threads