Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Aston University, Nottingham Trent, University of Leicester, University of Essex, UWE Bristol. Those are the universities I’ve applied to for computer science/software engineering.

Can anyone let me know how they are in terms of reputation/area? So far I had Leicester as my first option because its ranked the highest for my course, but I’m starting to overthink it because of the area.
lagrenouille
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
Leicester is the most prestigious of the lot, and though people will **** on Leicester it's a pretty good student city, big but not too big. Essex probably has the smallest academic reputation, but it might be good specifically for your course. It's also the least urban option so if you're into that you might want to consider it (UWE is outside the city but still). UWE, Aston and Trent are all good mid-tier unis, the last two are both in city centres - Birmingham is very busy with a lot to do and probably has a worse reputation than Nottingham but that's only because stuff actually happens there
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
I agree with above, Leicester then Aston would be my choice.
Jaciruyi8
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by lagrenouille)
Leicester is the most prestigious of the lot, and though people will **** on Leicester it's a pretty good student city, big but not too big. Essex probably has the smallest academic reputation, but it might be good specifically for your course. It's also the least urban option so if you're into that you might want to consider it (UWE is outside the city but still). UWE, Aston and Trent are all good mid-tier unis, the last two are both in city centres - Birmingham is very busy with a lot to do and probably has a worse reputation than Nottingham but that's only because stuff actually happens there
Why do people complain about Leicester so much? I mean the area is not ideal but the University is very good. I live in Manchester and most people come to MMU just because its in Manchester, not because they are actually interested in the university.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.41%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.69%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (139)
26.13%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.27%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (256)
48.12%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed