I don't know anyone on my university course

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I'm in my final year and the majority of my degree has been online
legit help
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello! Since covid 19 and its variants has hit the entire world so hard, most institutions have opted to go online .
Anonymous #2
Report 5 days ago
I'm in 2nd year and will likely be making this same thread in two years.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
Hiya,

I'm really sorry to hear this. University is where people say that you really "meet your people", but it doesn't happen so simple for everyone. I highly recommend searching up any societies/clubs you can join at your university, any group chats on social media that people create for your course, that kind of thing. It can be difficult to meet new people, especially find ones that you just click with. See if any local student events are on, see if any part-time work is available, as a work-space in a student city is always a great way to meet people.

I hope this helps, and good luck!
-Quinn
Bigboyyoussef
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
I’m so sorry to hear this. However you are still young, you can make friends at work or anywhere else, dont worry it will come. Just like how i was at a camp and i made a friend who i now consider one of my best friends after a week
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.41%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.69%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (139)
26.13%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.27%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (256)
48.12%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.38%

Watched Threads