Libertie Jean
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
If a university gives you an offer of ABB, does that mean they want the lowest grade to be B, or can it be averaged out to an A*AC, for example?
ZedTV
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 days ago
You should probably email the uni to check but usually if the offer is ABB they expect minimum grades of ABB, so if you got a C, theoretically you wouldn't get in but there have been cases where people fall 1 grade short of their offer but still admitted. Hope this helps!
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Libertie Jean)
If a university gives you an offer of ABB, does that mean they want the lowest grade to be B, or can it be averaged out to an A*AC, for example?
If they specify ABB, then they want those grades as a minimum, so even A*A*C does not meet the terms of the offer.

As above, in a normal year, a great many students are accepted with grades below their offer. It's just that this kind of grade equivalency isn't an automatic process, someone would physically look at your results and decide whether you would still get onto the course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (73)
13.15%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.62%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (142)
25.59%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
7.93%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (269)
48.47%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise