Will I get funding for a placement if it's not integrated?

Watch this thread
YatoSan
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I'd like to take a year in industry (for graphic design) during my illustration course, but there was no course option for this when I applied through UCAS. (although it does say a 12-month placement might be possible on the course website)

Does this mean I wouldn't receive funding for it if this is what I tried to do?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by YatoSan)
I'd like to take a year in industry (for graphic design) during my illustration course, but there was no course option for this when I applied through UCAS. (although it does say a 12-month placement might be possible on the course website)

Does this mean I wouldn't receive funding for it if this is what I tried to do?
Hi, please confirm the full name of the course and university?

Thanks, Isaac
YatoSan
Rep:
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, please confirm the full name of the course and university?

Thanks, Isaac
Gloucestershire University, BA (Hons) Illustration

Thank you.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Gloucestershire University, BA (Hons) Illustration

Thank you.
The only 4 year course available is "Illustration with Foundation" UCAS code W221. There is no course for a year in industry.

You will need to speak to your university and they can add it to the database if it's supposed to be an actual course.

Thanks, Isaac
YatoSan
Rep:
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
The only 4 year course available is "Illustration with Foundation" UCAS code W221. There is no course for a year in industry.

You will need to speak to your university and they can add it to the database if it's supposed to be an actual course.

Thanks, Isaac
Ah I see, thank you so much for the help
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Ah I see, thank you so much for the help
You're welcome, I hope you have a great weekend
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (97)
68.31%
No (30)
21.13%
I didn't use it to prepare (15)
10.56%

Watched Threads