Non Eu spouse of British citizen

Watch this thread
Mariya_sonu
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi,

I am a non EU family member (spouse) of British citizen living in UK for more than 4 years with limited leave to remain visa type. I have applied for teacher training course starting in September, 2022. Am I classed as home student? Am I eligible for student finance and teacher training or SKE bursary/funding? Any help will be appreciated.
Mariya_sonu
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Anyone?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Mariya_sonu)
Hi,

I am a non EU family member (spouse) of British citizen living in UK for more than 4 years with limited leave to remain visa type. I have applied for teacher training course starting in September, 2022. Am I classed as home student? Am I eligible for student finance and teacher training or SKE bursary/funding? Any help will be appreciated.
Anyone?
Hi Mariya, I advise against posting multiple times as your second post from 1 day ago pushed your thread to the bottom of the queue and therefore takes longer for us to respond to.

In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac
Mariya_sonu
Rep:
Sorry for that, no one was responding that's why I posted again.
1. Applying for teacher training course 2022
2. 29 years old
3. Pakistani, limited leave to remain, spouse of a British national, 4 years in UK
4. Masters degree
I have been advised that I will be eligible as non uk family member of uk national but my course provider are saying its for eu members only. Its all very confusing as sfe advisors on phone are saying you are eligible as home student even if you are non eu. Can you please shed some light what is true.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Sorry for that, no one was responding that's why I posted again.
1. Applying for teacher training course 2022
2. 29 years old
3. Pakistani, limited leave to remain, spouse of a British national, 4 years in UK
4. Masters degree
I have been advised that I will be eligible as non uk family member of uk national but my course provider are saying its for eu members only. Its all very confusing as sfe advisors on phone are saying you are eligible as home student even if you are non eu. Can you please shed some light what is true.
Apologies, we were a few days behind with the messages but we have caught up now.

You are not eligible for home student funding as you don't have indefinite leave to remain.

You can apply for the EU Tuition Fee Loan only funding, but this doesn't include any money paid directly to you.

Thanks, Isaac
Mariya_sonu
Rep:
Does eu tuition fee only make me eligible to receive teacher training bursary after completing all requirements from teacher training provider.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Does eu tuition fee only make me eligible to receive teacher training bursary after completing all requirements from teacher training provider.
We do not decide on eligible for the teacher training bursary as this isn't something we offer.

I advise you to contact the Teacher Agency to discuss this bursary.

Thanks, Isaac
Mariya_sonu
Rep:
Sorry I think I wasn't clear in my question. As you said, if I am eligible for eu tuition fee only from student finance, will it allow me to access bursaries from department of education if eligible from their end.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Sorry I think I wasn't clear in my question. As you said, if I am eligible for eu tuition fee only from student finance, will it allow me to access bursaries from department of education if eligible from their end.
You would be entitled to receive an EU Bursary, if the university offer this.

Any other bursaries, you would need to talk to who is offering these to discuss eligibility.

Thanks, Isaac
Mariya_sonu
Rep:
Thanks for your time and information.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Thanks for your time and information.
You're welcome, I hope you have a lovely weekend
Mariya_sonu
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
You too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.94%
The paper was reasonable (190)
48.84%
Not feeling great about that exam... (98)
25.19%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
10.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed