Unit 13 - Applications of inorganic chemistry (Assignment C)

Watch
Chania
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi, has anybody done this assignment for unit 13 - assignment C it would mean a lot if somebody could help me please.

Next you must devise a reaction scheme to identify five specific transition metal complex ions and present this by Powerpoint® (or another suitable presentation medium) to your colleagues. Your presentation must analyse the reactions that transition metal complexes undergo and demonstrate that you understand the concepts of ligand substitution and acidity. The reaction scheme that you propose must allow you to identify your five chosen metal complexes, indicating colours observed and the absence or presence of a precipitate when certain reagents are added. As part of your presentation you must explain the underlying chemistry of your scheme and the reactions involved (ie What is ligand substitution and how does it happen? Why and how do colour changes take place? Why and how does a precipitate form? Why does it sometimes re-dissolve?). Include balanced equations for all reactions.
roseeva
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 days ago
what subject? applied science, cuz if so i just finished it today
Chania
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Hi, yes applied science extended diploma
roseeva
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Chania)
Hi, yes applied science extended diploma
i just finished it yesterday and im sure i got a D on it. what do you need help with? got any questions I can answer?
Chania
Rep:
What’s underlying chemistry? And what did you write about it for each of the metals, could you give examples please?
roseeva
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Chania)
What’s underlying chemistry? And what did you write about it for each of the metals, could you give examples please?
i dont know what you mean, arent you talking about assigment C for the chromatography? be specific
Chania
Rep:
No unit 13 - assignment c - applications in inorganic chemistry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (74)
13.31%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.62%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (142)
25.54%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
7.91%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (269)
48.38%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.24%

Watched Threads