Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Watch
Cancelled Alice
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
It’s long been assumed that trolls are attracted to anon. I am dubious because this would be illogical on the trolls part- mods/ volunteers (I think) are able to identify the account behind each anonymous post, it is also often obvious to us ordinary mortals when troll-ery is at play.
What if we’ve got this the wrong way around, what if the anon function is at fault? Perhaps anon is in fact causing the development of trolls?
ROTL94 2
Badges: 16
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 days ago
If you removed anonymous you'd just have 'MassiveBongRips69420' making posts instead until he was banned, then he'd remake with a temp email address.
brjf
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
Wha-
brjf
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by ROTL94 2)
If you removed anonymous you'd just have 'MassiveBongRips69420' making posts instead until he was banned, then he'd remake with a temp email address.
Or ‘I lovesexcywamen’ making posts about love stories that never happened.
Son of the Sea
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
There was once a horridly obese grotesque creature and it laid a stinking egg. Out hatched a troll.
Cancelled Alice
Rep:
(Original post by ROTL94 2)
Or maybe all of the trolls would just dry up. Think about it, if you get rid of most trolls, you get rid of jobs at TSR HQ, it’s not in the interest mods internet. Chickens that are sensible don’t vote for Christmas.

( I think I’ve just come up with a conspiracy theory)
cleveranimal56
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Cancelled Alice)
Or maybe all of the trolls would just dry up. Think about it, if you get rid of most trolls, you get rid of jobs at TSR HQ, it’s not in the interest mods internet. Chickens that are sensible don’t vote for Christmas.

( I think I’ve just come up with a conspiracy theory)
Conspiracy theory: Chickens have their own system of democracy?
Cancelled Alice
Rep:
(Original post by cleveranimal56)
Some animals are clever, so potentially.
cleveranimal56
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Cancelled Alice)
Some animals are clever, so potentially.
Eh, give it 56 years or so.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by cleveranimal56)
No, pigs; 4 legs good, 2 legs bad.
HaydenFordz
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
you see i wonder what would happen if every anon post had to be manually reviewed by a mod:cool:
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
Honestly, it would be funnier if anons don't exist and you get weird usernames to take their place. I'd be able to rate them in terms of creativity.
Last edited by hungrysalamander; 2 days ago
brjf
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
The chicken came first by the way…
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (51)
12.23%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.92%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (106)
25.42%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (38)
9.11%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (199)
47.72%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed